Viewing 13 posts - 41 through 53 (of 53 total)
  • Ladlow rocks death.
  • hora
    Free Member

Beautiful vid Blower.

Bunnyhop

Very sad news.
    R.I.P

Esme
    Free Member
    robdob
    Free Member

Oh no – I was out riding with some of the Holmfirth guys on Thursday, I know someone who I was riding with could fit the age description. I don’t know them very well but my friend who lives there does. I’ve given him the heads up.

You just never know when it’s going to be so close to home I suppose.

TheSanityAssassin

Got the call from one of his riding companions this afternoon. She was first on the scene, is a Nurse Practitioner, and it was already too late when she got to him. The deceased was a very experienced rider and a lovely bloke. We had many a close battle in the local events. I’m gutted by the news.
    RIP mate. 😥

beefy

Awful news, I am local to Holmfirth, thoughts to family and friends.

monkeychild
    Free Member

Terrible news 🙁 my thoughts go out to his family and friends. Be careful out there guys.

excitable1
    Free Member

@ Sanity Assassin. Really, really, sorry. It was gutting enough without him being known but when it starts to get personal to someone… just pass on how sorry we all are please.

It shows what a reputation there is for a strong community amongst us all, I’ve had loads of people come up to me and ask me if I knew who it was, just because they know I ride in the Peaks.

pistonbroke
    Free Member

Just found out about this, he was a fellow Holme Valley Wheeler and regular Wednesday night time trialler. I’ve ridden many times with and against him, really sad.

justatheory
    Free Member

Peace brother

mikewsmith
    Free Member

RIP, may we all ride the endless singletrack one day

Bigiffer
    Free Member

I met Gordon and his wife on holiday in Majorca earlier this year. We talked loads about cycling TT, tandem and mtb riding. He and his missus made a lovely happy couple. He told me some great stories about his life and seemed the kind off bloke who would make a great friend, always met me with a big smile and welcome.
    Sadly I only found out about this tragedy today, really sad news.
    My thoughts go out to his family and friends.

Viewing 13 posts - 41 through 53 (of 53 total)

The topic ‘Ladlow rocks death.’ is closed to new replies.