Viewing 40 posts - 1 through 40 (of 51 total)
  • Ladies…Who has a better bike than their biking boyfriend/husband?
  • dingabell
    Free Member

Just wondering really as every time I see a couple out biking, the bloke seems to be on £3k+ of biking bling while their poor wife/girlfriend is struggling along on a £99 Halfords special. I did recently see a young lady at the lookout on Holmbury Hill who had the smartest S-works Specialized 29er I’ve ever seen. If her fella cycles, he’d have to go some to beat that.

MrsToast
    Free Member

I had the most expensive bike in the house for years, but he had more bikes. Then he got an Orange 5, which is now the pimpiest.

Duane…
    Free Member

My bikes are better specced than my girlfriends, although hers isn’t bad at all (HT2 cranks, SLX mech, Reba fork etc).

Only thing better on hers is her shiny new SLX brakes, something she repeatedly reminds me about 🙂

GolfChick
    Free Member

oh oh oh me! I’ve got a lapierre zesty womens version and the OH currently rides a genesis alptitude

Thrustyjust
    Free Member

Current wife has a Santa Cruz Julianna , I have one of those on one things………..

littlegirlbunny
    Free Member

I did, although he seems to be in the lead atm. Although his bikes can NEVER beat mine for bling.

And I’m just about to spend a small fortune on a new one.

So then I WIN AGAIN !! 😀

binners

Bought the better half a Specialized Saffire to get her going. A damn sight better than my first bike! Or my second. Or my third. Or…. Well… You get the picture

Not as nice as mine though. Well… Mainly. Though I am presently suffering fork envy

kayak23

My ex had a more expensiverer bike than me. Notice I said ‘ex’… 😉

Over 3 years I built her up a Trance, a Commencal jump bike, and a bmx, all in her favourite colours and things, but then she just wasn’t as interested in the finer detail as me.

I suppose thats true of most couples though as your average women is mostly just into dresses and flowers and that innit 😀

spooky_b329

My wife has a better road bike than mine (she does ride it more than I do mine) and her mountain bike is definitely equivalent to mine, if not better. (Lapierre Zesty bought new V my 2nd hand Yeti 575) The road bike was also new V my second hand one)

solarpowered
    Free Member

No BF or husband to compare 😥

willeeckers
    Free Member

I’ve got a titus 🙂 – he has two, plus a number of others 😉

Having a decent bike dosnt stop me still being the one struggling at the back *vows to (re)start the fitness plan* 😮

IvanDobski
    Free Member

Mrs has a blur ltc with xx etc and a pimped chameleon, I have a butcher with slx…

Doesn’t bother me but when I had my hx1 it really bothered some bloke on garburn pass – he actually got slightly arsey about it saying it wasn’t right and my bike should be better and why did I only have a hardtail and she has a full-susser? It was a bit weird tbh, he seemed genuinely insulted.

Still, my new highball turns up soon so at least she won’t have more bikes than me anymore!

this_wreckage
    Free Member

I wouldn’t say it was better but the missus has an Evil Sovereign where as I ride a Cotic BFe so hers was more expensive!

dingabell
    Free Member

Top marks to Mrs This Wreckage. If I mentioned an Evil Sovereign to my missus she’d think I was talking about Vlad The Impaler. (Go on then smartarses…someone point out that he wasn’t technically a sovereign).

PJM1974
    Free Member

When I met my missus, she had a £99 Apollo job her (recently) ex husband bought her.

I helped her find a Spesh Hardrock within a couple of months, which was really a bit small for her so I built her a Merlin Malt with Dart 3 forks and SLX running gear. She liked it but found the angles a bit steep.

So I went and built her up a 2008 Marin Rock Springs. It’s now got Pike Airs, Ringle hubs, Mavic rims, Hope M4s with blue braided hoses, DMR V12s, X9 mech and shifters and a Stylo crankset. I am a little concerned that the bars and stem are lacking some pizazz so there’s upgrade potential.

I hope she’s not reading this…I’m meant to be saving for a new TV.

Deveron53
    Free Member

Wife has a Yeti ASR, I’m currently building up a 1995 Marin Bear Valley for me…
    Next Spring, I’m getting a 575 (again) though! I have a ‘bottom drawer’ which is slowly filling up with bits for the future Yeti.

PJM1974
    Free Member

Oh heck. Busted.

“Look, I will get the TV soon. A Panasonic, I promise”.

hjghg5
    Free Member

Meeeee.

Our mountain bikes are actually identical but he hates the fact that I bought myself a cx bike and he couldn’t afford one. Our road bikes are probably similar although mine is newer and nicer looking 🙂

I’ve spent significantly more than him on bikes in the last year or so 😮 (over £3k to his £650 although in my defence one of those is an insurance replacement)

ahsat

You have started a debate in our house. Both have several bikes each but of the main bikes mine is a Nicolai Helius CC with xt and xtr (prefer xt shifters!), whereas his is a yeti 575 with full xtr. Both have Fox Vanillas. And to each of us, our bike is better than the others….!

jimmy

All three of mine are better than hers… Though I do like her XT shadow rear mech…

grum
    Free Member

My missus has a Cotic Hemlock in much nicer nick than my Pitch frame, but I have blingier bits on mine.

timidwheeler

Now I have blinged it well up, mine is better than my boyfriends.

allthegear
    Free Member

Hey ahsat – Another Nicolai Helius CC here, mine with a Rohloff.

Rachel

ahsat

And another girly Helius rider!?! Have to say stw forum was entirely the reason for my purchase – the likes of neninja – and i love it.

composite
    Free Member

solarpowered – Member

No BF or husband to compare

No blatant flirting with Solarpowered yet? You single guys are rubbish. 🙄

bravohotel8er
    Free Member

First the vote and now this!

tpbiker
    Free Member

No blatant flirting with Solarpowered yet? You single guys are rubbish

I dont think shes Scotland based, otherwise I’d be definitely putting in a bid. A GF that bikes = better Birthday and chrimbo pressies I imagine

nwgiles

solarpowered
    No BF or husband to compare

Would you like to compare to mine, just so you can join in 😉

tomhoward

Every gf I’ve had doesn’t get it. ‘it’s just a bike’….

mikewsmith
    Free Member

We both have hecklers and on one 456’s and road bikes

I edge the road bike on spec, hers on looks
    456 wise both similar spec but she just got red hubs and rotors to match so she is winning there.
    Hecklers similar spec just different styles.

She is currently eyeing up a Blur LTc or TRc so I’m losing already there

turboferret

When I met my Mrs (although pretty much ex now) she had an ancient crappy Giant MTB, pretty much a BSO.

Sorted her out a decent Kona HT shortly after and she got into MTBing improving in skills and fitness very quickly.

A couple of years later I upgraded her to an Orange Sub 5, so we had his and hers Oranges!

She also got a semi-decent Trek road bike not long after, so although mine was carbon, hers was new.

Since then I’ve gone a bit crazy on the bike front, and to her 2, I have 9 bikes, ranging from a carbon 29er to a Pinarello Dogma 😮

I have no idea if she ever rides her bikes any more though 🙁

Cheers, Rich

Gorehound
    Free Member

It’s not what you ride it’s the way you ride it. 😛

elaineanne
    Free Member

Ha hA well said gorehound…so if you had a halfords special does that mean you can thrash it down the biggest hill and beat your partner …..hmmm id like to see that :-)….anyway nope i have a better bike than my hubby..orange five pro verses the cube ltd series.. cube is a nice bike tho..

wallop

My bike was more expensive, but he is a far, far better rider than me.

Gorehound
    Free Member

Ha hA well said gorehound…so if you had a halfords special does that mean you can thrash it down the biggest hill and beat your partner …..hmmm id like to see that :-)….anyway nope i have a better bike than my hubby..orange five pro verses the cube ltd series.. cube is a nice bike tho..

In short. I beat her up and down no matter what I’m riding.

takisawa2

I built my Wife a 1×9 Spesh Hardrock, adorned with older spec XT kit, Exotic Carbon forks & SmallBlock8’s.
    Given the amount of use it gets its not worth spending any more, although I’ve always got my eye out for a 14″ Inbred.
    The Spesh rides lovely, but then it’s only 21lb. 🙂

All of her friends who’ve ridden it love it, & I built up another for her sister last year.

eviljoe
    Free Member

Evilsam is almost as tall as me, which has it’s plusses and minuses…

I’ve been lending her my ti hardtail, a morning glory, which is nice and light, and which she has really been enjoying riding. So much so that she now refers to it as ‘my bike ‘ . Oops…

nwgiles

Eviljoe

I’ve been lending her my morning glory,

This a bike thread not a bragging thread

julianwilson
    Free Member

Mrs J’s xc bike is of comparable ‘spec’ but a few years newer than mine, so in respect of value/flashy looking, she has the nicest one. Plus hers has an sc32 on it and rides better.

atlaz
    Free Member

I build my wife a decent bike (partly as I’d have been embarassed to be seen riding my bikes with her if she had an Apollo). Only thing that’s a little cheap is the forks as they’re the suntours that came on my first hardtail.

Viewing 40 posts - 1 through 40 (of 51 total)

The topic ‘Ladies…Who has a better bike than their biking boyfriend/husband?’ is closed to new replies.