Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • Ladies – What SPD mountain bike shoes
  • domino

Seeing as the weather is getting nicer, I may put my winter boots away. This makes me think of the smell from my Nike MTB shoes that I wore last summer 😯 , and I think it might be time for some new shoes.

What do you recommend? Must be womens specific as I have small feet, nothing too racey or too leisurely, just something in the middle.

mrsflash
    Free Member

spesh moto divas.there are some cheap ones around atm if you are a 37

I have an ancient pair that really need replacing but they are like slippers now and I cannot bear to throw them away!

jacksta
    Free Member

I second the motodivas, the 2009 ones are pricey but if you are lucky enough to have small feet then there are loads of 2008 ones cheap cheap cheap. I prefer the ones with a ratchet buckle bit, although this is tricky when full of mud once you get the trick of them they are miles better than the velcro only ones.

I’ve also got some diadora ones which are cheap on CRC at the moment, they are ok but I only commute in them, they are too soft otherwise (probably only still using them becuase they are pretty shiny silver and sparkley blue)

gingerflash

“but they are like slippers now and I cannot bear to throw them away! “

They’re a disgrace! Full of holes, dropping to bits, there’s almost nothing left of the uppers, they’re like sandals now.

Time for a new pair.

ART

Another vote for motodivas – make sure you try them on first, seem to recall sizing being not what I expected – but that may just be me cause I bought the blokes alternative first time around. Pearl Izumi also worth a look. 🙂

millsonwheels
    Free Member

I have the Specialized Taho and think they will be great for summer. Also have a pair of Pearl Izumi’s that seem similar to the Moto Diva and they are great when there is a lot of mud about! Would second the funny sizes though for Specialized womens shoes, I had to go up a size in the end. Happy shoe shopping!

domino

I shall keep my eye out for some spesh shoes to try on then – the last pair of spesh shoesI had were too small for me really.

Thanks girls.

clubber
    Free Member

FWIW, my wife find’s italian-made men’s shoes fit really well – they’re typically narrow so they’re very similar to many brands’ women’s specific shoes anyway.

Her favourites are a pair of top of the range Nikes (from about y2k) that were sold off for £15 (RRP £150!) because of the small (for men) size.

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)

The topic ‘Ladies – What SPD mountain bike shoes’ is closed to new replies.