Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)
  • Ladies – waterproof shorts
  • ernie67

Can any ladies recommend some good ,unpadded waterproof shorts for Mrs .E ?
    She’s not fussed as to which brand etc.- as long as they look ok & do the job , then she’ll have a look .
    Thanks

jimjam
    Free Member

Having looked for a friend there are very few good ones out there. Endura MT500 spray 3/4 might be as good as it gets.

ahsat

To be honest, I gave up looking for womens. I just ride with the mens Alturas. The cut has enough give in them that they dont suffer too much for the ‘short crotch’ issues of many mens trousers!

ernie67

I’ll erm ( ahem ) pass that on then.

Thanks

ahsat

I’ll erm ( ahem ) pass that on then.

Ha…just ask any women who has tried mens trousers…normally not enough between the seat and the waist band! lol! 😛

I do have a pair of Loeka freeride style womens waterproof shorts, but they are so thick, they are only good if its 5oC or less. They might have a lighter version (mine were a sports pursuit bargin). They are good shorts.

cinnamon_girl

Gore Bike Wear for me.

Bunnyhop

I love the ‘Gore Alp X’.

xherbivorex
    Free Member

my ex swears by the madison ones, i can’t remember the model (and i bought them for her!) but they’re 3/4 length, pretty tough and nice and waterproof.

sazter

I have the altura 3/4’s and the small is a bit on the big side, I got the Tenn ones recently and they’re a much better fit. 🙂 I wear mens 30 in most bike kit as women’s specific is silly prices!

anniison
    Free Member

Another vote for the Madison’s (fat birds can’t fly have them), machine washable is a bonus too! Great cut for those of us who actually have a bum and want to fit padded stuff underneath!

julzm
    Free Member

The race face thick tweedy ones are shower proof although won’t be brilliant in the summer they are very comfortable and warm. I have four pairs (you’d think I’d know the correct name for them). I have a few friends who wear Madison tempest gents shorts. My OH also wears them and swears by them, definitely waterproof and lightweight to boot.

Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)

The topic ‘Ladies – waterproof shorts’ is closed to new replies.