Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)
  • ladies town bike help
  • thomthumb
    Free Member

Looking for a step through/ mixte frame.

short reach/ hub gear required.

Happy to build up a frame if required. at the moment the pelago capri is leading ‘the race’.

What else have i missed.

TiRed

Got one you can have very cheaply if interested. Dutch Sparta, three speed, panniers, hub brakes, chain and skirt guard. Collection only. Where are you located?

wwaswas

Budget?

What sort of terrain, also? Pashley do some nice step through bikes with hub gears but they’re not light.

Trekster

I acquired a rarely used Claude Butler for MsT last year. She then took up spin classes and wanted something “faster” and now has an early ’90s Saracen mtb fitted with town tyres, again an immaculate, hardly used find 😆
    It’s a rare occasion when she wear a dress or skirt.

thomthumb
    Free Member

budget up to £1000.

terrain. road & sustrans paths (so 35c appreciated). I’m in southampton but can travel.

What sort of size is that tiRed – reach is a real issue for the OH.

soma_rich
    Free Member

Thom, I have an old Raleigh town bike with steel rims and rod brakes you can have FOC. quite short TT and 3 speed hub, think it even has dynamo lights. Will need some TLC but was in okay condition 2 years ago when my wife used it.

You still in Southampton?

looks like this:

thomthumb
    Free Member

Thanks rich. Yeah i’m still in soton, moved east of the river now.

I’m looking for something a bit more sporty (but still with a basket!!) as she’s coming off a race bike. so anything too heavy isn’t going to cut it. also needs good brakes. almost got squashed on the itchen bridge last time we went out!

Cheers though.

soma_rich
    Free Member

Ahhh this is not for you, I think they may be solid tubes rather than hollow. Anything but light and racy!

Rich

thomthumb
    Free Member

I think they may be solid tubes rather than hollow.

LOL! Same as my 90’s raleigh then!

i’m used to stripping bikes down and they lose most of the weight. raleigh frame and forks weigh about the same as my SS!

bigblackshed

Charge Grater?

£549. Leaves lots to upgrade or add accessories. Rack and panniers?

Giant do a few of the more traditional shaped bikes, but they are more leisurely than fast. Pashley are lovely but are quite weighty. Town bikes tend to be stylish leisure bikes, hybrids can be more fast commuter / flat bar road bikes. Depends how stylish she wants to be?

scotroutes

Cube Hyde Pro

Comes in a 46cm that is proper tiny.

There are other models (like the Town) in the range too.

Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)

The topic ‘ladies town bike help’ is closed to new replies.