Viewing 22 posts - 1 through 22 (of 22 total)
  • Ladies of STW (or laddies) – sunglasses help please
  • CaptainMainwaring
    Free Member

Want to buy Mrs M some new ones for her birthday week after next. Thinking Oakley but others considered. Not for biking. Want something that looks cool but not uber trendy, a bit of wrap around, and not hard/harsh looking if you know what I mean.

If its Oakley, do you choose frame and then lenses, and if so which lenses to go for? The Oakley choice just seems bewildering

All suggestions gratefully received

cinnamon_girl

You won't want to hear this but I think sunglasses are personal and some ladies may prefer to choose their own. But I am a particularly difficult lady 🙄

Nice idea though 🙂

druidh
    Free Member

I wouldn't buy any sunnies without trying them on 1st.

cinnamon_girl

Thanks for redressing the balance druid!

druidh
    Free Member

Me – vain?

cinnamon_girl

Not at all, I'm being practical. After all, who can be bothered with returning items to shops, trying to get refunds etc. Could eat into biking time 🙂

CaptainMainwaring
    Free Member

I agree that Mrs M may end up going back to the shop to swap them, but she would have to go there anyway, and it's not the same just getting something like an envelope with a photo of sunglasses in it. Go on – have a suggest

Sandwich

Oakley Minutes seem to fit the smaller face well and don't look too wacky. Serengeti make some good ones as well.

tomzo
    Free Member

Rayban Wayfarers. Classic design, look good on pretty much everyone, 'cool'. Get them in either tortoise shell or black.

Personally i think oakleys are good for riding or sport, but make you look abit of a dick if they're for casual wear. Very short sleeve shirts, massive watch, audi driver, bluetooth headset etc.

CaptainMainwaring
    Free Member

OK, thanks guys. I will steer away from the Wayfarers as she doesn't like the thick frames. Will have a look at the Oakley Minutes and the Serengetis. Any other suggestions?

thehustler
    Free Member

The best ( way ahead on Oakley and rayban in terms of optics) sunglasses available atm are mau jims, but i warn you they are not cheap either but well worth the money. they have a big range of syles, google them

Munqe-chick
    Free Member

What about these pink glasses??
    http://www.sunglasses-shop.co.uk/uk-sunglasses/Oakley-Ladies-Sunglasses/Oakley-Woman-Speechless-Crystal-Pink/3406.htm

I quite like them in the black though, wrap around without looking to sporty/cycling.

Or I have the Rudy Prject Graal SX like these
    http://www.gosportsspex.co.uk/RudyProjectPrescriptionSunglasses_Graal_SX.asp

but I have baby blue frames! They come with 2 interchangable lenses so I have orange, dark and clear.

surfer
    Free Member

I have run in Oakleys for years and love them however Mrs Surfer bought me these recently for running (Maui Jim Kanaha MJ circa £100)

They are the best sports glasses I have ever had.

All IMO of course

bumley
    Free Member

I have a pair of Oakley Minutes and Oakley Gascans, both fit really well on a smaller face.

london_lady
    Free Member

I recently bought these for myself as non-riding sunglasses – great fit but a huge box for them!
    http://www.sunglasses-on-line.co.uk/Oakley-sunglasses-/oakley-ravishing-lavender-trust-24-084.html

Munqe-chick
    Free Member

http://www.sunglasses-shop.co.uk/uk-sunglasses/Oakley-Ladies-Sunglasses/Oakley-Woman-Enduring-Pace-Lavender-Trust/10229.htm

these were the other ones I think are quite cool and money towards breast cancer also!

london_lady
    Free Member

I looked at those as well and they do look suitable for riding but I was after some casual glasses – both pretty nice though.

Munqe-chick
    Free Member

I think some of those Oakley ones still have a nice shape to not look completely cycling esque!

mrsflash
    Free Member

Oooh I like the ones london lady linked to.

I have a fairly small face and minutes fit me well. I have a lovely silver pair with blue lenses. v nice, quite girly but not too much so.

london_lady
    Free Member

these are also quite nice but a bit wide for small faces (sorry got these as well)
    http://www.gosportspex.com/AdidasSportsSpectaclesSoulesta.asp

CaptainMainwaring
    Free Member

Thanks all. Will spend the next hour deciding. Will let you know whether I get a pass or fail in 9 days time 🙂

aphex_2k
    Free Member

I've got some Oakley Fives, some Oakley square wires and some RayBan Aviators.

TBH Aviators are classics. Silver frame and medium (assuming she's not got a large head).

Viewing 22 posts - 1 through 22 (of 22 total)

The topic ‘Ladies of STW (or laddies) – sunglasses help please’ is closed to new replies.