Viewing 13 posts - 1 through 13 (of 13 total)
  • Ladies bib shorts?
  • benz
    Free Member

My wife has started heading out on the road bike and wears undershorts, etc.

Thinking her of getting her a decent pair of bib shorts.

So…..let’s avoid silly money stuff such as Assos, but any recommendations for decent value shorts?

Thanks.

GolfChick
    Free Member

how about some dhb from wiggle? I have a set of full length bibs from them and they’re perfect for me and I wear them throughout winter

rsvktm

2nd the dhb bibs, my wife loves hers. Has a few pairs ranging from the top range ones to some ride london ones they were selling off cheap (for under mtb shorts)

aP
    Free Member

Herself is very pleased with the Rapha bibs, she had some dhb ones but they only lasted about 6 months, and she wasn’t really impressed with them.

Adam@BikeWorks
    Free Member

I know it’s a swear word around here, but the Altura ones are pretty good.

Sandwich

The Funkier ones I bought last year were very good and not too pricey at retail.

legend
    Free Member

IIRC Pearl Izumi are on Sport Pursuit just now, could be some good deals to be had there

So…..let’s avoid silly money stuff such as Assos

Herself is very pleased with the Rapha bibs

🙄

hjghg5
    Free Member

I like the dhb ones. I also love pearl lzumi kit – I don’t actually have the bib shorts but have bib tights, normal shorts and a variety of other bits and pieces and really like it.

I have some decathlon ones – the pad is decent but they’re a bit short and ride up while riding so they don’t quite meet my knee warmers so I save them for warmer days

aP
    Free Member

Well, if you really want to know, I think that buying cheap disposable cycle clothing is counterproductive. If you buy good quality then it makes the experience better, and it lasts longer too.
    On an overall cost per ride I reckon rapha and assos is pretty much the cheapest clothing to buy as it lasts and works so well.

peteimpreza

“On an overall cost per ride I reckon rapha and assos is pretty much the cheapest clothing to buy as it lasts and works so well.”

Well said that man.

mrmo
    Free Member

Can’t speak for the ladies stuff, but i find castelli decent kit and not quite in the Assos price bracket if you buy the slightly cheaper stuff.

cycleofaddiction
    Free Member

My girlfriend has recently bought the Endura Fs260 pro’s that have a zip in them to make it easier to answer the call of nature and she loves them. A brilliant design feature don’t know why it’s not been done before ?

sillyoldman

Pearl Izumi ones have the same function without an uncomfortable zip.

Viewing 13 posts - 1 through 13 (of 13 total)

The topic ‘Ladies bib shorts?’ is closed to new replies.