Viewing 36 posts - 1 through 36 (of 36 total)
  • Ladies and gentlemen, start your e-engines of hate!
  • CaptainFlashheart
    Free Member
    thestabiliser
    Free Member

BMW URT E-bike………..HNNNNGGG!!!!!AAAAAARRRRGGGHHH!!…….BOOOOOM!!! (head explodes)

mr-potatohead
    Free Member

nice moped !!!!

Rubber_Buccaneer

nice moped !!!!

More of a scooter since they appear to have stuck the engine on the swingarm.

emyr

That’s the most compact 4-bar linkage I’ve ever seen. I can’t imagine the axle path to be particularly impressive.

zippykona

Bet it’s a real bargain as well.

binners

I’ve just seen someone out on an e-bike this morning. One of the proper expensive Haibike ones. On a canal towpath. In Cheshire. The least likely place in the country to require an e-bike

colin9

I’ve never understood why car manufacturers make these prototype bikes.

mr-potatohead
    Free Member

would you stop at the top of the hill for an e-fag ?

fasthaggis

I would love a go on that .

cynic-al
    Free Member

colin9 – Member

They keep doing it so I guess their punters must buy them.

nikk
    Free Member

Likely mostly marketing. Gets articles in newspapers, random people posting and talking about it in forums (oops), etc!

The bikes themselves are always vaguely nonsensical ‘new development, look how cutting edge we are’ things.

The people that buy them have the car, and don’t have a clue about bikes, so they get the matching bike to hang in the garage. It will get ridden once and then forgotten about. Just another rich man’s trinket.

v666ern
    Free Member

Pah, no dropper > im oot

toby1

Will the roof of my X5 hold the weight? And do BMW do some branded steps one can take to trail centres to reach the roof when afixing said e-bike to the BMW roof bars?

thisisnotaspoon
    Free Member

On the other hand, it’s a Nicolai, so it’s possibly actually well thought out?

Looking at the linkages would it not pivot around a point near the BB, so actually the motor isn’t particularly un-sprung?

bikebouy
    Free Member

Theres the HT version downstairs in a display window too..

In white colourway…

Just in case, y’know, you might be interested..

aracer
    Free Member

What is the E number for it?

andyl
    Free Member

I’ve just seen someone out on an e-bike this morning. One of the proper expensive Haibike ones. On a canal towpath. In Cheshire. The least likely place in the country to require an e-bike

I saw a guy on a Haibike at W-S-M with his wife. They were just going up and down the promenade and he had a loop attached to the bars with the dog lead connected to it. His wife was in an electric buggy type thing and both of them were a bit low on mobility but good on him for cycling, even if was with e-assist. Maybe he gets out on it a bit more when he’s not spending time with his wife.

I really don’t get the hate for e-bikes.

This BMW is an abomination though, as pretty much every car manufacturer produced bike is.

P-Jay
    Free Member

I got my arse handled to me on a climb a FOD the other day, but he had an E-Bike so it didn’t count.

ton

binners – Member

maybe the lazy bastard was waiting for open heart surgery…..or some other nice procedure?

thomthumb
    Free Member

brand loyalty. bloke at work goes on about the mercedes smart bike like it’s the greatest thing ever built.

taxi25
    Free Member

I got my arse handled to me on a climb a FOD the other day, but he had an E-Bike so it didn’t count.

Of course it doesn’t it’s got a motor, just the same as when a car or motor bike fly’s past you on the road.

edlong
    Free Member

I’ve got nothing against e-bikes for those that need / want them, although they’re not for me.

That BMW one though is offensively hideous.

medoramas
    Free Member

It looks pretty sweet actually. 🙄

devash
    Free Member

Got tailgated then dangerously overtaken by one of these on one of my local trails today.

andyl
    Free Member

I got my arse handled to me on a climb a FOD the other day, but he had an E-Bike so it didn’t count

was the e-assist turned on though? 😉

unovolo
    Free Member

Looks almost normal compared to Audi’s effort.

Not quite sure they know how bike saddles work at that there Audi place.

aracer
    Free Member

Did they indicate?

simondbarnes

I ordered myself an e-bike this afternoon. Looking forward to riding it next week 🙂

ton

which one?

tonyg2003

A friend has got a e-bike. He’s recovering from Chemo and it’s great to have him out riding with us. I think they are great.

The only problems he’s had is breaking a linkage but he was getting some good air 🙂

ton

tonyg2003, and that is the reason they are fantastic.

simondbarnes

which one?

Specialized Turbo. Will hopefully mean less commuting by car for me.

wrecker
    Free Member

That audi thing looks like a bucket of fun though! 50 mph, power wheelie mode, and at least they have a had a proper crack at ground up design rather than trying (and failing) to copy a mondraker and making it possibly the worst looking bike I’ve ever seen (possibly except the Cube stereo 160 which everyone has taught me to hate!)

ton

specialized turbo is cracking. and can be made fast as heck.

simondbarnes

That would be very naughty ton!

Viewing 36 posts - 1 through 36 (of 36 total)

The topic ‘Ladies and gentlemen, start your e-engines of hate!’ is closed to new replies.