Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)
  • Lacking Imagination – Help required from the resourceful types
  • Mantastic
    Free Member

New bike arrived a few weeks ago, an Orange five. Now the dark nights are drawing in and I went out last night and thought about lights. I have a set of lights that hold the battery in a water bottle. I note that the orange five doesnt seem to have anywhere to mount said bottle.

The cable from the bottle is not long enough to go from my backpack to the bars, or my seat post to my bars. Anyway I can mount the bottle/battrey pack to my frame?

Thanks for all sensible and non-sensible suggestions

clubber
    Free Member

Load of options – strap the bottle to the frame with velcro straps or something along these lines:

http://www.nordicgroup.us/cageboss/#11._Elite_VIP_Universal_Cage_Mount_22-50mm

ooOOoo
    Free Member

Train an enthusiastic skylark to fly just above your stem, carrying said bottle in a lace basket.

BigJohn

Buy a velcro-strapped battery bag from lumicycle, use a stanley knife to cut the bottle open to reveal the cells, gaffer tape them together in a nice tight block and stick them in said bag.

Like wot I did.

stumpy01

Where is the battery from? Is it a Lumicycle??

I recently had my battery converted from a bag to a bottle, as the bag didn't easily sit on the frame of my Stumpjumper. I also needed longer than standard cables as the bottle bosses are quite near the BB.
    Lumicycle did me a conversion in a few days. I think it only cost about £25.

Gomez13
    Free Member

a Granville basket.??

mansonsoul
    Free Member

Sell the light on the classifieds and get an Exposure or a light with a small velcro on battery? Stumpy01's suggestion sounds very good though.

Rubber_Buccaneer

ooOOoo – Member
    Train an enthusiastic skylark to fly just above your stem, carrying said bottle in a lace basket.

Most stupid thing I have read today. Skylarks don't fly at night, they have to be up early. 🙄

ooOOoo
    Free Member

Yes but since the progression in lumen-per-watt efficiency of modern LED light engines, owls are no good – they just squint too much.

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)

The topic ‘Lacking Imagination – Help required from the resourceful types’ is closed to new replies.