Viewing 36 posts - 1 through 36 (of 36 total)
  • Lack of respect for others or just lazy people?
  • zaskar
    Free Member

I find that chavs lean their bikes on mine e.g. at Tesco’s and scratch away the paint off frame and shifters etc.

Found one didn’t even use the railings and just my shifters with his knackered bike and said “hello” to me while unlocking our bikes even though I thought about saying thanks for scratching my bike but thought **** it.

I find it annoying but use my cheapest bike for it which is a Trek 1200 road bike pretty mint for commutes and shopping from cleaning/servicing.

I’d never use top end bikes but even still why do people treat other peoples property like dirt?

I guess not to get too attached to my babys I mean bikes…

DA_DOOD–lulz
    Free Member

dood sez hello but u r rood to him.
    hoo is da chav ???????

CountZero

dood = troll

zaskar
    Free Member

I wasn’t rude I said hello back. (I thought thanks a lot-didn’t say-there is a difference chav).

grizzlygus
    Free Member

Maybe they just treat a bike for what it is – a bike.

Next time perhaps you could point out to them that it isn’t just a bike to you, it’s more, so much more.

Then perhaps when they get home they can go onto an internet forum and tell everyone.

Tell everyone about the to55er that they met at Tesco’s and how about he went on about his poncy bike.

You do however, have my sympathy btw.

trailmonkey

It’s a jungle out there zaskar.

aP
    Free Member

I think that the way you call people chavs isn’t very pleasant, so maybe its some kind of Kharma thing?
    Also the other place you’re going wrong is to frequent the store formerly owned by the gerrymandering Dame Shirley Porter.

zaskar
    Free Member

LOL (I knew I’d get some telling me off on here!)

Ok I treat it like a car polished up and ridden hard.

I don’t want it to look like $hite.

trailmonkey

I wouldn’t use it for shopping duties then

TandemJeremy
    Free Member

Get a life – its a bike FFS – they are a tool for the job and get damaged while doing it.

aP
    Free Member

I’ve got a bike, you can ride it if you like.
    It’s got a basket, a bell that rings
    And things to make it look good.
    I’d give it to you if I could, but I borrowed it.

PlumzRichard
    Free Member

internet shopping ?

zaskar
    Free Member

Cheers I needed to detatch from the thing-it’s just a bike.

It’ll get worse when someone pinches the fecker.

Till then don’t lean your bike on mine.

Onzadog
    Free Member

I’m with you Zaskar, I always like to look after my kit, whatever it is. Would these naysayers be the same if I opened my car door inconsideratly and left a parking dint in their motor?

samuri
    Free Member

If I found someone leaning their bike against mine I’d kick off, good bike or not. As Onza says, whether your car is a piece of crap or not, you’d be miffed if someone dinted the door so why is it OK for a bike?

trailmonkey

I might be mistaken here, but isn’t this a case of someone moaning because someone leant a bike against theirs ? They didn’t run a key down the seat tube, they just leant their bike against another. This is what happens all the time. Commuting, off road with your mates, same thing happens. OP, just have a drink or something and worry about something worth worrying about.

alpin
    Free Member

could also be because that aren’t enough places available for secure bike parking. here in germany the local Aldi had five racks, each rack can take about 15 bikes…..

couldn’t give a **** about my car (when i had one) but do also get upset if someone other than me damages my bike.

samuri
    Free Member

he scratched the OP’s bike. Bring your bike here trailmonkey, I’ll scratch it, that’s ok, yeah?

trailmonkey

No problem, my town bike is scratched to buggery already.

Gary_M
    Free Member

dood sez hello but u r rood to him.
    hoo is da chav ???????
    I can’t stop laughing at this 😆

I understand where you’re coming from zaskar and to be honest all this ‘man, it’s just a bike’ thing was to be expected. But some people like to look after their stuff and some don’t. If someone lent their bike against mine in the bike lock up at work I wouldn’t be happy. Unfortunately not everyone understand that respecting others property is the right thing to do. I wouldn’t lean my bike against another one.

BigDummy
    Free Member

I rather take the view that a shopping/commuting bike is there to take the abuse, and a racing bike doesn’t get tied up outside the shops.

It would help if people would take the same approach to the cars that they leave lying around in the street of course, but there we are.

🙂

jimmy

No respeck 4 overz, innit.

Keva
    Free Member

my house mate does the same to my bikes at home ! There is just enough room to fit three bikes in the shed but when she puts hers back in I always find she’s rammed a pedal through my spokes or something or crushed her handle bars into my shifters.

what’s there to moan about though ? When I fall off my bike it gets scratched and sometimes when I go blasting down a rocky track stones might even get kicked up and scratch my bike for me 🙂

molgrips
    Free Member

But some people like to look after their stuff and some don’t.

I sympathise, I know what it’s like to have something you care about damaged. However, it’s an occupational hazard for a bike, as it is for a car. My nice new (when I bought it) car has been scratched to buggery, including a couple of minor dents, and that’s upsetting but what can you do? YOU’ve done your bit taking care of it, the rest is just chance.

You do have the option of locking it up elsewhere, but that might be less secure… I’d say that for a commuter bike you’re just gonna have to let it slide. Go with the flow dude etc.

coffeeking
    Free Member

As Onza says, whether your car is a piece of crap or not, you’d be miffed if someone dinted the door so why is it OK for a bike?

While I agree entirely, there seems to be a vast majority of people who just think a car is a car and it gets dented – tough, much like TJ’s reply. I find this moronic and thoughtless, having had to spend £Ks to repair cars to maintain their value and appearance that wouldnt have been needed if people had basic respect for others. If I have to lean my bike on someone elses I’ll park it elsewhere – doesnt take much for a fork leg or rear shock to get scratched and screw up the sealing, and if you damage your own bike you’re miffed enough as it is, let alone when some hell-spawn does it.

I no longer ride my decent bike to work, but I’d still be miffed if I found my commuter dinged or damaged.

Its basic respect for others and their property. It’s the parents fault, I’d say!

Pook

I rode the Cut Gate the other day and as I was coming down a rock jumped up and scratched my chainstay.

I now hate rocks for being lazy and not getting out of my way and to cap it all, the rude sod didn’t even say hello.

Some rocks eh? I ask yer.

RudeBoy
    Free Member

I’ve got a bike, you can ride it if you like.
    It’s got a basket, a bell that rings
    And things to make it look good.
    I’d give it to you if I could, but I borrowed it.

You’re the kind of girl that fits in with my world.
    I’ll give you anything, everything if you want things.

jimmy

The way I see it is, its less about the bike getting damaged – that happens when rocks jump out etc. But a lot of other people don’t have the respect for others’ property and just don’t think what they’re doing, therefore can cause unnecessary damage just through lack of common sense. That winds me up.

Gary_M
    Free Member

Pook what’s the point of your post, how can you compare expected damage from riding off road to some **** who has no respect for other peoples property.

If you lent your bike to someone and they brought it back scratched, dented and broken through their carelessness would you just say, ‘hey man, it’s like just a bike dude’. Nope, you would be pissed off.

Pook

is there a point to any post on this forum?

zaskar
    Free Member

Just ordered new covers for my shifters.

I don’t mind the leaning as much as scratching the paint work off my Tigra shifter.

I just think crap or new bike-car door etc-it’s a lack of respect to peoples property.

Sorry if I offended any chavs. 😈

Trying not to be OCD about bikes.

coffeeking
    Free Member

Pook – Member
    is there a point to any post on this forum?

Yup, quite a few people post useful content that helps others and provides a good discussion point. Others just reply with rubbish though, admittedly…. 😉

molgrips
    Free Member

But a lot of other people don’t have the respect for others’ property and just don’t think what they’re doing

Yeah, sad, isn’t it? But what’re you gonna do? It’s the same everywhere, in all walks of life.

Trying not to be OCD about bikes.

About the best thing you can do, if you dont’ want to end up a Victor Meldrew character.

zaskar
    Free Member

I did say “I don’t believe it!” 😈

TimothyD
    Free Member

Why are you shopping at Tescos?

They’re a faceless supplier-squeezing-conglomerate.

They may have some nice producs with pictures of farmers on,but you can probably bet they squeeze other people who don’t have thier pictures on products. Like most supermarkets do,mind you,not just Tescos.

Though check in Private Eye about how they tried to sue the Gaurdian for exposing how they avoid paying taxes,and they don’t play fair with buying land and planning permission for new shops. The management could be a lot more ethical.

Shame about the bike scratches though!

TimothyD
    Free Member

The above is more of a rant about Tescos,than you shopping thier zaskar,i know they are handy and have things most people need.

Cheers
    Tim

Viewing 36 posts - 1 through 36 (of 36 total)

The topic ‘Lack of respect for others or just lazy people?’ is closed to new replies.