Viewing 12 posts - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)
  • Labour MP Shahid Malik is back!
  • Spongebob
    Free Member

Guardian article

This guy has no shame!

trailmonkey

He’s been cleared. What’s your point caller ?

chewkw
    Free Member

Well most of them will loose their seats in the next election anyway so why bother? Just wait for the chance to vote them out. I bet the longer they stay the worst the election outcome will be for them.

enfht
    Free Member

I’ve hated the fecker ever since he likened the Luton Bombers with the Irish Troubles. Nothing more than a veiled justification imo. And we still pay this scumbag’s wages.

tankslapper
    Free Member

Sure they let Mandy back in everytime the guy cocks up, so what’s the problem with Shahid?

They say sh1t floats……..

Spongebob
    Free Member

This comment pretty much sums up Labour’s attidude to the immoral abuse of the expenses system.

trailmonkey – Member

He’s been cleared. What’s your point caller ?

I’m not alone in thinking people like Makik have no credibility after passionately proclamining his innocence on BBC TV.

Sod the rules, it’s not about what you can claim, it’s about what you should claim!

As chewk points out, most will get kicked out in a year or so, but this is an example of the Labour cabinet not understanding how “bang out of order” their MP’s have been over the expenses issue. Clueless!

Bring on the General Election!

trailmonkey

This comment pretty much sums up Labour’s attidude to the immoral abuse of the expenses system

What ? Investigating the issue then reinstating someone if they’ve done nothing wrong ? Seems fair enough. Once more, what’s your point caller ?

oldgit
    Free Member

Q, Those MPs that stood down, can they step back in again if and when times are better?
    Those who know me know I’m not a political animal, but it strikes me as pretty bad that when we need our elected ‘members’ to stand fast and sort this mess out, they instead choose to run away.

Junkyard
    Free Member

[Quote]Sod the rules, it’s not about what you can claim, it’s about what you should claim![/quote]
    Are you sure ?
    You have not broken any rules but we are going to punish you
    Imagine say the police did this to you?
    Would it still be OK?

rogerthecat
    Free Member

The difference is slight, immoral rather than improper.
    A persons’ morals may allow them to bleed everything out of a system that they can, without their behaviour becoming improper.
    Where your own particular moral line is drawn is somewhat subjective.
    FWIW the complete lack of concern they have for how they may be viewed by the public over this behaviour is far more telling especially when you take this moral position to other aspects of government over which they have control.
    Bunch of nutters, one and all.

mt
    Free Member

What do you expect in this “out for nowt” society, you would have done the same in his position. I’m sick of hearing and reading about MP’s fiddling this and that, everyone in politics (local or national) knows that there is backscratching to full on coruption. Morality and do the right thing, how quaint! As soon as you get payed to be a politician you start to be corrupt!

Spongebob
    Free Member

Morality and do the right thing, how quaint! As soon as you get payed to be a politician you start to be corrupt!

I cannot agree with that!

There are a lot of good people in politics doing a lot of work behind the scenes!

I think the media have exposed the worst ones at the expense of all others. That’s a tad unfair!!!

This thread was about one of the worst offenders. The man who claimed the most.

He reckons he’d done nothing wrong, the Justice minister FFS!!??!!???

Viewing 12 posts - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)

The topic ‘Labour MP Shahid Malik is back!’ is closed to new replies.