Viewing 14 posts - 1 through 14 (of 14 total)
  • La Vuelta stage 5 – Viveiro / Lugo
  • mrblobby
    Free Member

Stage 4 wrap. Strong break stayed away. Some girl named Lilian won, though apparently she prefers to be called Jane. BMC and Atapuma took the race lead. They’d been talking up Sammy Sanches for GC before the race but a few reckoned they were actually riding for Atapuma (especially in the Team TT where he was a bit of a liability.) Kruijswijk, Angel Lopez and Anton all lost time. Some images from yesterday….

Must be some pretty scenic ones about too as the landscape was stunning again.

Anyway on with today… mostly flat…

Could be a sprint, could be one for the break as there aren’t really many teams who’ll want to chase (other than BMC if the jersey looks under threat.) Maybe one for a stage poacher with a twisty last few k and a bit of a rise…

Finally a thought for Roche who was meant to be riding the Vuelta, had pneumonia and now undergoing tests for Legionnaires (here.) Hope to see him back at the ToB.

ElShalimo

I’ve been to Lugo, it’s beautiful. I’d like to see the race conclude in the traditional Roman style of racing on the city walls. Admittedly the lack of chariots would make it less exciting but it’d still be amazing!

cinnamon_girl

Thank you mrblobby. 8)

Fresh Goods Friday 696: The Middling Edition

Fresh Goods Friday 696: The Middlin...
    Latest Singletrack Videos
    jimster01

I’m hoping to catch up on stage 4 tonight, I miss the 7pm highlight’s and for some reason known only to the great guy above there isn’t an ITV4 +1, and the hub doesn’t show it either.

bainbrge

There is an itv4+1 on freesat? Late on down the channels somewhere

jimster01

There is an itv4+1 on freesat? Late on down the channels somewhere

It show it on Freeview, but when you select the channel it says “Programmes start at 4am” 😕

mrblobby
    Free Member

Blimey, someone else is watching the Vuelta!

Not much happening today. Machado still out there with a 5 min lead with 50k to go. Looks like Morice gave up on the break and headed back to the peloton.

mrblobby
    Free Member

10k to go. Plenty seem to fancy this finish.

jimster01

That’s one hell of a complicated run in IMHO

mrblobby
    Free Member

Kruiswijk down, looks out.

mrblobby
    Free Member

Some big gaps in the peloton there. Loads of riders down. 3k rule will likely be applied. Valverde will be in red otherwise.

beej

Froome was almost taken out by the crash too.

mrblobby
    Free Member

Lucky. Could see him trying to chase back on to the lead group in the last few 100m.

mrblobby
    Free Member

The post that took out Kruijswijk (broken collarbone) in the run in to the finish 😯

More here.

Viewing 14 posts - 1 through 14 (of 14 total)

The topic ‘La Vuelta stage 5 – Viveiro / Lugo’ is closed to new replies.