Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • La Thuile?
  • yiman
    Free Member

Looking to do a long Thursday to Monday weekend this summer, having previously done Verbier, Morzine/Les Gets, Chamonix.

Does anyone who’s been have any tips on MTB-friendly accommodation and/or transfers?

What about guiding – is it easily self-navigable or best to have a day’s guiding to quickly build up knowledge on the area?

TroutWrestler
    Free Member

You don’t need a guide. The “campsite” is very stony. Watch out for nuns picking berries, on the trail, not at the campsite.

I have only driven there. There is a place for motorhomes to park up for a nightly fee. You can ride over from the French side using the La Rosiere lifts, but iirc, only on certain days. Even then it is a bit of a pedal both ways. Not undoable though. Don’t take a DH bike.

IMO enduring races are wrecking the place.

Northwind

I’ve never stayed there but been a couple of times to ride. Both times with guides but I think all of what we did was waymarked. Course, there’s a difference between being waymarked, and being easy to navigate, easy to find the best stuff, etc- and I think there’s more stuff that’s not on the maps too.

So being guided was still really valuable just to maximise our time. But if you’ve got a couple of days there then it’s not such a rush…

Also, try and get to Pila for a day if you can- I prefer La Thuile overall, it’s basically Superinnerleithen, but the Pila-Aosta trail is ridiculously good and it’s not that far away.

yiman
    Free Member

Great, thanks for the info both. We’ll probably have a hire care so could try Pila too.

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)

The topic ‘La Thuile?’ is closed to new replies.