• This topic has 6 replies, 6 voices, and was last updated 8 years ago by Spin.
Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • La Grave. Anyone skied or boarded there?
  • benz
    Free Member

Truly what is it like?

AnyExcuseToRide
    Free Member

Empty just now… no snow to be found over here, only sun!

jambalaya
    Free Member

Have many friends who’ve been there including going back 30 years, its legendary and rightly so. I was planning a trip in 2014 but bust my knee in 2013 so may never make now. One friend is an ok off piste skier but a pretty decent and experienced climber and he loved all the rappelling down and the “no fall” traverses 😯

Fresh Goods Friday 696: The Middling Edition

Fresh Goods Friday 696: The Middlin...
    Latest Singletrack Videos
    TheDTs
    Free Member

I had a day there about 20 years ago. Brilliant, brilliant place. Lovely atmosphere to the place, unspoilt then, not changed much since, only driven through recently though.
    It’s a bit like a mini Chamonix, get the best out of it with a guide, only with a guide if your not cofident or not with someone who is, and only with a guide if there is fresh snow. We had a friend of a friend, Swedish guy, show us about. One of our group fell top to bottom on a hard icy gully called Tryffide, was quite alarming at the time. We skied a few bits that would make me pucker up now!
    As a resort it has struggled commercially for decades, the road access problem this year will make it even more difficult.

It is for sale, if you happen to have won the Euro lottery this evening.. Can I have a season pass please?

scotsman
    Free Member

Yes, it’s quite an experience, convinced me to give up resorts and lifts!
    Not much else to say, if you are into BC and adventure then go for it but you don’t need to go to La Grave to get the same extreme experience!

nickstikits
    Free Member

Agree with what’s been said, a truly unique and spectacular place with the potential to terrify you whatever your level. Has claimed the lives of some legendary skiers and demands respect. Definitely somewhere to visit with a guide or sensible local before it’s changed forever, but possibly not just at the moment. 😀

Spin
    Free Member

, and only with a guide if there is fresh snow

Unless of course your party know what they are doing. In that case it’s fine to go without a guide.

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)

The topic ‘La Grave. Anyone skied or boarded there?’ is closed to new replies.

New deal added to Members Discounts