Viewing 11 posts - 41 through 51 (of 51 total)
  • LA FITNEES and the money they are not owed.
  • Cougar

Good point, I was assuming a legitimate collection agency. Might be worth googling the company name, see if they have previous.

hora
    Free Member

I’ll NEVER take out a contract at a gym. Once you do its sods law that you don’t go as regular etc and its a pointless waste of money.

Our local gyms (COUNCIL but managed by private companies) are heinously expensive yet have a clause where unemployed people can use them for free.

Last week someone shat themself in the Jacuzzi and they had to fish it out.

I stopped going to the gym at this point.

verses

I stopped going was no longer allowed to go to the gym at this point.

Ahem… 😉

nealglover
    Free Member

why are people talking about £600 ?

He cancelled the Direct Debit in January 2013.

It’s currently April 2013.

So he probably owes them for 3 months at the most.

Also, he hasn’t said the Gym didn’t send out letters telling him the Direct Debit had failed, people have just presumed that bit.

To be honest, if he thought that Cancelling the Direct Debit was the same as Letting the Gym know he wanted to Cancel his Membership, then when those letters arrived, he probably thought that was a good enough substitute for the Gym “Confirming his Membership Cancellation”

hora
    Free Member

Also, he hasn’t said the Gym didn’t send out letters telling him the Direct Debit had failed, people have just presumed that bit.

Wouldn’t it be easy to not alert customers that they are still paying?

nealglover
    Free Member

Wouldn’t it be easy to not alert customers that they are still paying?

We are talking about letting customers know they are not paying though, like when a DD is returned for insufficient funds or because its been cancelled.

I’ve had a couple of DD’s returned in the past, the letters are generated automatically and printed by a mailing company that send out thousands a day.

Cougar

He cancelled the Direct Debit in January 2013.

He cancelled the debt in “January,” a year wasn’t specified.

nealglover
    Free Member

Signed a contract with LA Fitness early 2012, 6 months @ £50pcm.. here’s where i fell down. Cancelled my direct debit in Jan 13 never to return to the gym. I never attended the gym after I cancelled my DD.

Also if he joined in early 2012. He would have struggled to cancel a “six month contract” in Jan of the same year 😉

Cougar

I sit corrected.

footflaps

I stopped going to the gym at this point.

When you say gym, did it have a big sign out front saying ‘Nursing Home Day Care Centre’?

muppetWrangler
    Free Member

[video]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1ZnJ9bhhG_g[/video]
    video contains poop and mild swearing.

Viewing 11 posts - 41 through 51 (of 51 total)

The topic ‘LA FITNEES and the money they are not owed.’ is closed to new replies.