Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • "La Batalla Del Inframundo" 23rd September @ Zona Zero, Ainsa.
  • spekkie
    Free Member

“La Batalla Del Inframundo” (The Battle of the Underworld) – This is the name given to a race being held on 23rd September this year at Zona Zero.

The sales pitch (translated by me!) goes along the lines of…..

“YOU CAN JOIN THE BATTLE OF THE UNDERWORLD – The GIANT TRAIL of ZONE ZERO.

We have good news. We have obtained a sponsorship of the last minute that allows us to reduce the registration to 67 euros and 120 euros for mixed couples.

In case you think it’s an easy ride, the man in the photo will be the “broom man”. Basically he will be dedicated to “finishing off” the stragglers. (read that as you like! lol)

Come and win the coveted Sword of the Victor engraved with the motto: “PUNISH THE BODY AND RELEASE THE SOUL”.

In the Territory of Zona Zero – Survive and be Counted!”

Mackem

Looks fun, I love Ainsa and Zona Zero.

spekkie
    Free Member

I’m assured it’s “not too hard” – I’ll be on a XC bike, not an Enduro bike!

I think I’d like to give it ago – I helped clear the trails, so it’s the least I can do to take part!

spekkie
    Free Member

From the Zona Zero Website:

“The fate is cast, we have been tasked with defeating Mordor on 23 September – We need everyone’s help, get your bike ready and come. And if we don’t win, we might as well have a good time”

spekkie
    Free Member

This Saturday is the Zona Zero race – “La Batalla Del Inframundo” (The Battle of the Underworld) in Ainsa, Spain.

This video shows you the views from one of the highest points of the race followed by one of the descents. No sure who the rider is but he’s having fun!

I really am happy to be living in such a beautiful place!

[video]https://youtu.be/ayym0LNvIkc[/video]

Un adelanto de lo que deparará la Batalla del Inframundo este sábado. ¡No os lo perdáis! Gracias a Martín Campoy y Osole Visual

An advance of what the battle of the underworld will hold this Saturday. Don’t miss it! Thanks to Martín Campoy and Osole Visual

doug_basqueMTB.com

I rode this several years ago, when they were in the process of starting Zona Zero and way before it was marked. I did it on a borrowed Lapierre Zesty because my bike had broken and back then I didn’t have money to fix it. My legs blew up on the last climb and I needed emergency food help just right where your house is spekkie! It’s a long, long track and we rode the last descent in the dark. It will be a fun event but properly tough!

One cool fact was that right out in the wildest part of the trail, miles from the roads, there was an old lady living in the last house in an abandoned village. She was about 80. She lived by tending her animals and growing plants. She came out to chat and we passed on information about the outside world! I asked about her last week and she is still going strong but has now moved to Ainsa!

PS, the rider in the video is Martin Campoy. He lives in the area and is a very, very good rider as well as a great film maker and fun guy.

spekkie
    Free Member

Cheers for the insight Doug!

Angel and I cleared some of this trail some weeks ago and it did look pretty tough. Very rewarding to finish I’m sure, but a tough one.

Shame to hear of another village becoming totally uninhabited but there are plans afoot to reverse the trend.

Let us know next time you’re in town!

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)

The topic ‘"La Batalla Del Inframundo" 23rd September @ Zona Zero, Ainsa.’ is closed to new replies.