Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)
  • kyle of lochalsh trails – any info/pics?
  • martinxyz
    Free Member

So where exactly can i find trails in this area? I cant seem to find anything on the net but old info of the area from around 2007.

If you have been, can you post some pics please?

Nobeerinthefridge
    Free Member

13thfloormonk is your man. If only we had private messaging on here.

flatfish
    Free Member

There’s a mtb trail just the other side of the Skye bridge

Waderider
    Free Member

It’s ‘Kyle’. Only incomers and tourists give it the full title. Like Freemason handshakes, knowing the lingo gets you the info 🙄 *

* Sorry, I don’t have any info, other than good long distance routes from over Mam Ratagan…

marty
    Free Member

Was up in Plockton a few weeks back and only things I rode were the track to the mast on Plockton Crags and a nice bit of singletrack between Loch Achaidh na h-Inich over to Balmacara Sq. Used to be XC racing in the forest above Balmacara, but no idea what was there / if any of it’s left.

Worth dragging yourself up to the mast, great views from the top.

druidh
    Free Member

As above. Laid out MTB trails above Kyleakin.

Lots of other riding in the area though. In the Morvich area, see the thread earlier this week where someone was asking about routes into/out of Glen Affric.

From the end of Long Long, there are a couple of routes following landie tracks, North to Attadale or East to Iron Lodge. With enough time you can link these into a nice loop.

druidh
    Free Member

Oh – some photos here…

2006-10-14 12-31-29

martinxyz
    Free Member

Looks good marty. hoping the snow melts a bit over the next few days though.If its a drag over clear ground it would probably be a waste of time in the snow so i hope it clears a bit.Its more for the scenery than biking but i wouldnt mind trying to hack down snow covered tracks with the seat down!

bedmaker

Hi Martin, as others have said there are some nice wee bits and bobs around Balmacara square. Head for the viewpoint behind Balmacara hotel, access from the wee road from Balmacara square. Just a case of exploring once you are in there. Tracks over to Loch Achnahinich are nice for scenery, a bit more open.
    Some of the roads are newish and not on the OS so may be worth some google earthing to check them. Does Alex Glasgow still stay over in Plockton? May be worth trying to speak to him or Jamie Kean.

The track from Attadale house over to Nonach lodge is also nice but there is LOADS of snow over the West compared to here just now so Id forget that one for a while.
    Over Glenelg way, teh footpath from The ferry at Kylerhea round to Totaig should be good for photies. You just need to ride back over the bealach to get to the car again 🙂

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)

The topic ‘kyle of lochalsh trails – any info/pics?’ is closed to new replies.