Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 15 total)
  • KwikFit Insurance cashback scam?
  • xico
    Free Member

In October 2015 I insured my home with KwikFit Insurance a) because they offered the exact cover I was looking for and b) their offer of £29 cashback, through TopCashback, made them cheaper than alternatives quotes. Throughout the 12 month duration of my policy the cashback was ‘pending’ in my TopCashback account (fair enough, I could have cancelled the policy before completion). However, the policy has now run its course, I did not make a claim, and KwikFit have declined my cashback. TopCashback inform me they are unable to help because the original transaction goes back to 2015.

I feel that I have been scammed here. Anyone, with similar experiences with this company?

Drac

If you mean with Topcashback then yes, they regularly don’t pay out on the cash back, Kwikfit had no obligation to pay.

I’m awaiting 2 payments currently that were due in October.

globalti
    Free Member

All insurance companies operate dodgy practices, the most obvious being to hook you with a cheap quote then increase the second year’s premium in the hope you won’t notice. We just telephone our household insurer and tell them that we won’t accept more than a 2% increase and if they don’t agree we will cancel our policy. They always cave in.

matt_outandabout

I had same with Co-Op insurance / TopCashback.

After 9 months of ‘maybe’ and going from £50 cashback to 1p, then back up when I complained, then changing the date of payout by a month each time….

I finally got CoOp to confirm that they do use and pay TopCashback as a referer (that took a few phone calls…) – so message TopCashback and said ‘oi, this manager in CoOp now knows that you haven’t paid me’ – and funnily enough the same day I got my £50. Apparently it was a happy co-incidence and that TopCashback only run an automated system…

Quidco I have never had an issue with, so I just use them now.

me1tdown
    Free Member

Just for balance I had a look through my topcashback account and I did get the payout for the KwikFit Insurance (breakdown cover) which I purchased in May this year.

It’s never guaranteed and I wouldn’t rely on it to justify a purchase. In fact, I recently chose the more expensive of two broadband deals as it was less reliant on cashback to bring it to that price.

Also on TCB I’ve been paid £295 since 2011, and Quidco I’ve been paid £205 since 2012. Not trying to bragg, just point out that all the little percentages do add up to something meaningful.

I prefer TCB as the rates are usually better and their cashback notifier reminds me to actually use them.

dooosuk
    Free Member

It’s swings and roundabouts:

I’ve been paid out £742.23 from TCB and only had £6 declined.

Quidco on the other hand, I’m still waiting on a payout.

DezB
    Free Member

Talking of cashback – I took out my home insurance with my bank (Lloyds) because they gave £50 after the first month of the policy – for Lloyds customers.
    So I pay by CC online, I’m a customer of theirs and they send me the cashback… by CHEQUE! CHEQUE?? Who the hell uses cheques these days? twonks

kimbers

Esure just bumped my premium by 100 quid this year 😯

ended up going for kwikfit, ended up 150 cheaper with legal cover on top

BoardinBob

If you mean with Topcashback then yes, they regularly don’t pay out on the cash back

Never had any genuine transaction declined from TCB in many, many years of using it, and thousands of pounds of cashback

Gary_M
    Free Member

I use quidco and got a quote for car insurance with direct line last week – going through the quidco link. This is for my son who’s just passed his test.

Quote on direct line through quidco link with £25 cashback – £806. I then did the same quote but going through direct lines website – £738.

I had both quotes on separate tabs and the details entered were exactly the same.

So getting the £25 cashback would have cost me £68. I didn’t buy through the quidco link.

dooosuk
    Free Member

Who the hell uses cheques these days? twonks

People who have an interest in you losing or forgetting/can’t be arsed to pay the cheque in!

ScottChegg
    Free Member

I had the same experience with TCB and AA insurance.

Learn and move on…

Larry_Lamb
    Free Member

globalti – Member

All insurance companies operate dodgy practices, the most obvious being to hook you with a cheap quote then increase the second year’s premium in the hope you won’t notice. We just telephone our household insurer and tell them that we won’t accept more than a 2% increase and if they don’t agree we will cancel our policy. They always cave in.

Insurance renewal premiums and cashback sites offering rates of cash back are two different things entirely.

tenacious_doug
    Free Member

Kwik Fit paid out on my Cashback, Swinton didn’t but after much back and forth sent me a cheque instead.

I don’t think it’s a “scam”, it’s more likely to be a problem in their measurement and tracking systems that hasn’t attributed your sale to the cashback site properly. The cashback sites show the % payout from each retailer so you can get an idea of how accurate they are.

I would always treat cashback as a nice bonus on top, not something that is guaranteed to come through, that said I’ve had £700 cashback over the years and only missed out on a tenner or so not being paid.

Weasel
    Free Member

I had an issue with the same retailer denying my cashback on about 3 purchases via Quidco, then Quidco had the hump when I left negative feedback about the retailer.

As a ‘goodwill gesture’ Quidco decided to pay me out their own pocket when I was able to back up all my transaction details etc.

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 15 total)

The topic ‘KwikFit Insurance cashback scam?’ is closed to new replies.