Viewing 13 posts - 41 through 53 (of 53 total)
  • Kwik-Fit MOT roulette! Place you'r bets!
  • trail_rat
    Free Member

“Devils advocate- you’ve broken one of the seats in your car (it reclines etc so for the test you’ve simply removed it).

Another devils advocate, the car is listed as a 5seater on the vehicle information. Its got 5 seatbelts but only 2 complete seats.”

yes and id use the option for entering how many seats it has to enter 2 seats – id then test it with 2 seats and id hand back a cert that states it only had 2 seats at the time of test – bit like the cert my land rover has – used to be a 7 seater – its now a 3 seater

mark90
    Free Member

Vehicle is tested ‘as presented’ on the day. Fitted seats must have seatbelts (unless exempt), seatbelts don’t have to have seats. Seatbelts tested where possible, advisory given where not able to test, eg child seat fitted.

unovolo
    Free Member

Took the wifeys car for a MOT recently at National and it failed on dipped headlight bulb blown.

Fine I said can you replace it and thats it sorted ,
    errr sorry no you will have to bring it back as we dont keep bulbs in stock,so will have to order 1 in.

Bear in mind the same place does servicing,exhausts and tyres why would you not keep bulbs in stock (It was a bog standard H7 bulb by the way nothing fancy).

Lesson learnt, only went there as it was a half price MOT deal like the OP.

sharkbait
    Free Member

Leaking shocks (after they’ve sprayed a bit of WD40 on them.

makeitorange
    Free Member

To be honest I’ve used my local (shoreham-by-sea) Kwik Fit for MOT and servicing for the last couple of years with no problems. Any issue they’ve ever come up with have been something I suspected before I put the car in. I’d much rather use them that the local official dealer which has a, shall we say questionable, reputation when it comes to servicing costs from a lot of my friends who have used them.

thisisnotaspoon
    Free Member

Vehicle is tested ‘as presented’ on the day. Fitted seats must have seatbelts (unless exempt), seatbelts don’t have to have seats. Seatbelts tested where possible, advisory given where not able to test, eg child seat fitted.

Was what they said last time (the car never has rear seats in)

Annoying, but another 12 miles in the legs and every little helps.

thisisnotaspoon
    Free Member

It passed*!

*with a long list of advisories

natrix
    Free Member

It passed*!

I feel really quite let down………..

parkesie
    Free Member

We love a good list lets see it 🙂

DezB
    Free Member

tinsy is your winner!

hora
    Free Member

Saying that a kwik passed a Avensis no advisories whereas the Toyota main dealer on a 99 inc vat service the next day classed so many items as critical in their ‘free safety report’

DezB
    Free Member

My brother works for a Toyota main dealer. Does my MOTs at trade price with a free valet thrown in. Won’t have anything said against Toyota dealers 🙂

oink1
    Free Member

VOSA mantra is ‘Pass and advise’ – As the lecturer on our course as fresh MOT’ers put it ‘If servicing standards are at nose height, then MOT standards are the skirting board’ Done correctly, your car really shouldn’t be on the road if it fails*

*My opinion as an Authorised Examiner and tester

Viewing 13 posts - 41 through 53 (of 53 total)

The topic ‘Kwik-Fit MOT roulette! Place you'r bets!’ is closed to new replies.