• This topic has 12 replies, 9 voices, and was last updated 8 years ago by hora.
Viewing 13 posts - 1 through 13 (of 13 total)
  • Kwik Fit car insurance
  • TheFlyingOx

£24/month for the past 12 months.
    £103.84/month is the renewal quote. No change in circumstances other than we are all 1 year older and have 1 year extra NCB.

What gives?

dooosuk
    Free Member

Rule 1 of Insurance.

Throw the renewal away and start the process again.

Ecky-Thump
    Free Member

It would be crazy to expect any renewal price to be competitive.
    No real option other than a full search of 3 or 4 comparison sites, plus the handful of companies who don’t quote through the comparison sites.
    It’s got to be done every year, sadly.

TheFlyingOx

If the insurance is in my wife’s name but is paid from my bank account, who is the insurance company’s contract with?

Ecky-Thump
    Free Member

… the insured party as defined in the certificate and schedule

craigxxl
    Free Member

Good offer to lure you in then bend you over to get shafted when it comes to renewal hoping that you won’t notice.

Only reason I can think of is… Kwikfit

njee20
    Free Member

If the insurance is in my wife’s name but is paid from my bank account, who is the insurance company’s contract with

Your wife. That’s why it’s in her name… 😕

mattyfez

Yep, as above said.. You have to shop around every year, a week or two before your insurance is about to run out.. 8 times out of ten it’s cheaper to switch companies.. Although sometimes I’ve under cut the same company and basically kept the same policy with the same company, it’s crazy but you generally get ripped off if you just let insurance roll over into a new policy.

hora
    Free Member

My Esure insurance renewal jumped £360 to £700. I asked them how/why? They replied insurance tax rose (it did…3.5%).

They really are sharp the insurance industry, another practice is to cull any benefits at all; fully comp on other cars to 3rd party, contents loss right down, injury right down etc etc.

Then if you do crash they’ll offer you 50% of what it’ll cost to buy into the same car again.

Any other industry you’d call em cowboys

cloudnine
    Free Member

Always worth checking to see which company is actually under writing the policy.
    There are some really crap underwriters if you have to claim ever

Junkyard
    Free Member

Agree with what you say bit this year my insurer – Post office- were the cheapest as well and I did look

First time in about 15 years that has happened.

njee20
    Free Member

They really are sharp the insurance industry, another practice is to cull any benefits at all; fully comp on other cars to 3rd party, contents loss right down, injury right down etc etc

And yet they barely make money, if at all. Some folk are getting rich on car insurance, but it’s not the insurance companies.

Viewing 13 posts - 1 through 13 (of 13 total)

The topic ‘Kwik Fit car insurance’ is closed to new replies.