Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • Kurozawa Samurai Collection
  • BigButSlimmerBloke
    Free Member

Has anyone got a recent copy of the BFI Kurozawa Samurai Collection (Seven Samurai, Throne of Blood, Yojimbo, Hidden Fortress and others).
    Reviews I’ve read slate the quality of the copy but I read someplace that BFI have remastered the copies and that new copies are a far higher standard, ie actually watchable. So I was wondering if anyone has any experience of the old v new copies?
    Cheers

hora
    Free Member

Ooo tick!

I rewatched Ran recently, love the theatre/drama – mrshora thought it was gash and too long. WTF.

BigButSlimmerBloke
    Free Member

Doesn’t include Ran (or Kagemusha, unfortunately). Latest is Sanjuro (1962).

hora
    Free Member

Both brilliant films.

CountZero

Seven Samurai was released on Blu-Ray in 2010, on Criterion, completely remastered from HD film, the original negative is no longer available. I’m really not sure if any more of Kurosawa’s movies have been remastered yet.
    Seven Samurai is a 60th Anniversary release, so it’s been given special treatment.

BFI To Release 60th Anniversary Re-mastered DVD and Blu-ray Steelbook Editions of Akira Kurosawa’s ‘Seven Samurai’ on 21 April, 2014

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)

The topic ‘Kurozawa Samurai Collection’ is closed to new replies.