Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • Kurdistan Region of Iraq
  • BigDummy
    Free Member

Has anyone got any experience of doing business there recently, especially since the 2006 Investment Law?

ta

Jon

BigDummy
    Free Member

Some questions you just have this feeling about. 🙁

MrWoppit
    Free Member

"Business". In Kurdistan, eh? Hmmmm…

Fresh Goods Friday 696: The Middling Edition

Fresh Goods Friday 696: The Middlin...
    Latest Singletrack Videos
    ernie_lynch
    Free Member

I think the geezer who runs the Kwik Kabab on Southbridge Road might be a Kurd.

Although it's been a while since I've done any business with him.

Still, I'm happy to pop in and have a word with him ……. what do you want to know ?

konabunny
    Free Member

Big Dummy – I have useful leads/advice but can't work out how to PM you or email you through your profile. HTF do I do it?

fauxbyfour
    Free Member

This forum really does crack me up. We get questions about how long fractures take to mend (try a professional), complex legal questions (try a professional) and now a question about doing business in oneo of the more unstable areas of the world. WTF don't you contact the relevant trade missions and foreign office trade delegations representatives. Why do you think they are there? Why do you think governments and NGO's spend countless millions on these things?

You know what, maybe you are right, maybe they and all their staff are wasting their time along with solicitors and medical practitioners. Everyone's first port of call should be a shonky mountain bike forum populated by fat middle-aged twits with inflated opinions about their talents (both off and on the bike).

Wow, that made me feel better.

anokdale
    Free Member

fauxbyfour to an extent you are correct but having worked in Kurdistan and other so called unstable areas of the World you will fine that the relevant trade missions and foreign office trade delegations representatives actually know diddly squat about the actual nuts and bolts of working on the ground there. Local knowledge is worth twice as much as any of the above agencies. Informal networks are invaluable. So to ask the forum here is a good idea as i suspect he will get the contact or the vital information needed.

For the OP Kurdisatan does have its issues but it tends to Police itself, as far as setting up there i have no idea but i know guys operating there who have done so for 5 years or so without problems, actually one has a MTB and gets some miles in over there, good luck.

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)

The topic ‘Kurdistan Region of Iraq’ is closed to new replies.

New deal added to Members Discounts