Viewing 17 posts - 1 through 17 (of 17 total)
  • Kumho tyres. Any good?
  • benz
    Free Member

Need some 225/55×19 tyres.

Kumho are relatively cheap in comparison to the currently fitted Toyo Proxes.

Worth a punt?

properbikeco
    Free Member

will be much the same as toyo – i’d go for it

wrightyson
    Free Member

Fitted 4 kuhmo ecsta 225/45/18’s to the Mazda sport a week ago. Very impressed in the wet and dry. Never ran them before so can’t comment on wear rate.

thepurist

I had kumhos on my car and they didn’t explode or skid or suchlike. I’m sure the driving gods will compare them to something with unidirectional oxygen free synthetic rubber, but they were fine for me.

AndyRT
    Free Member

Transformed my car much like a 650b……

RaveyDavey
    Free Member

Excellent tyres and drive quite similar to the Toyos well they did on my old impreza. Don’t think they are the longest lasting tyre but you can’t have everything.

fallsoffalot
    Free Member

I have put some nankang all season tyres with mountain snowflake on a c max, cost £50 a tyre. A month on and all seems good, have chucked it around islands in wet and dry and grip is as good as the pirreli summer tyres and much better in freezing temperatures. no idea if any good on snow or ice yet though. sorry dont know anything about the kumho tyres

Tracey

We have used them for years on all our cars. Never had a problem with them.

welshfarmer

Probably one of the better mid range tyres out there. No probs at all with the brand.

stumpy01

Used to use Kumho KU31s on my Ibiza; Ecsta Sport, I think.

They are very good tyres, but used to wear unevenly on the rear of my car – the garage I use reckon that the suspension on some VAG cars causes certain tyres to wear unevenly on the shoulder; you end up with a humming from them that sounds like a wheel bearing going and can feel the uneven wear like a wave around the inside edge.

Not had it on any other tyres so stopped using them.

Matador mp46 are a decent alternative.

jam-bo

Wore out fast on my a3. Under 10k.

Now running avons which are about 20% more expensive but lasting nearly twice as long.

King-ocelot
    Free Member

I had these for a while when I was driving 70 miles a day and going through p-zeros quite fast. A mechanic friend recommended them as a ‘cheaper tyre’ tyre and I couldn’t fault them at all for the price.

wanmankylung
    Free Member

Good tyres, but not the hardest wearing.

CHB

Good tyres, have used them on a few cars.

spooky_b329

Had them on a Mondeo, any hint of wheelspin and they would chatter away causing the dashboard to shake like mad and a bollocking from the wife.

When they wore out we got Falken ZE912s (or something like that) and a little wheelspin on a wet roundabout resulted in no drama and the bollocking was downgraded to a disapproving look 🙂

With 19″ wheels I assume its something a little sporty, but for a normal runabout I would go for all-season tyres and run them all year round.

P-Jay
    Free Member

I’ve used them for years, brand tyre quality without the marketing cost mark-up – or so II’m told.

They have a decent range of tyres, some wear quick, some don’t and some grip better than others – I replacedthe Estca HMs on my Exeo with Le Sport ones in July and they’ve been great tonnes of grip in wet or dry – not great in sub-zero temps but I wasn’t killed for lack of winter tyres, I just eased up a bit.

They’re about 80% gone now, about 10k miles and I’ll be getting some more – I don’t even pay for my tyres and can have pretty much whatever I like.

stumpy01

I could easily get 20k miles from a set of ku31s on the front.
    Rears would have gone a lot further, but the noise as they wore unevenly (see my previous post) made me change them way before they were dead.

Viewing 17 posts - 1 through 17 (of 17 total)

The topic ‘Kumho tyres. Any good?’ is closed to new replies.