• This topic has 50 replies, 28 voices, and was last updated 9 years ago by neilm.
Viewing 40 posts - 1 through 40 (of 51 total)
  • KTM 2015 Preview Shots
  • mboy
    Free Member

Bikeradar published some 2015 KTM shots on their facebook page today. Got to say, the brand is growing from Strength to Strength!

And the piece de resistance…

Yes, that really is an E-Fat Bike, complete with Rockshox Bluto suspension fork!

Personally I think the Disc Braked road bike is probably the nicest looking bike of its ilk I’ve seen yet, the CX bike is just to die for, the Fat Bike and E-Fat bike look so wrong that they’re almost right, and the Myroon 29er looks to be ready to give the Whyte 29C a serious challenge as a privateer XC race bike (albeit probably in a more modest spec than pictured). Can’t wait to see more new Orange Bikes! 🙂

Northwind

Nay to KTMs without engines.

Except the toaster obviously.

cyclistm
    Free Member

to me the top few look like generic chinarelo type carbon frames with orange stickers on.

Thats not to say they dont look great though.

remoterob
    Free Member

For me, the brand will always be tarnished by the notorious Ammanford KTM Chicago theft of 2013. Too many painful memories.

gaz552
    Free Member

For some reason I’d really like to have a go on that ktm fat e-bike.
    (not sure it would be a match for my ktm 350 sx-f though. 😉 lol )

mboy
    Free Member

For me, the brand will always be tarnished by the notorious Ammanford KTM Chicago theft of 2013. Too many painful memories.

Googled

Scanned

Not quite sure how I missed that one! But I can understand your sentiment…

Does sound that just like johnsouthwales, you NEED to let the whole thing go and move on too… Don’t let your only experience of the brand so far tarnish the name forever! 😉

For some reason I’d really like to have a go on that ktm fat e-bike.

I can absolutely, positively, definitely tell you that (and he’ll hate me for this) I will be bugging the hell out of Col @ FLi Distribution to get me a go on that for a weekend ASAP! It should come with a big speaker playing 450cc single braaaaaaping noises too (just like new BMW’s play engine noises through the stereo systems)… :-p

to me the top few look like generic chinarelo type carbon frames with orange stickers on.

The whole “Chinarello” tag is taken to mean a Chinese Knock off of a Pinarello frame. Given the Pinarello trademark for wavy forks and seatstays (until the new Dogma F8, it’s kinda been their thing), I’m not following you I’m afraid.

Nay to KTMs without engines.

I wouldn’t say no to an RC8 or a SuperDuke, but that’s going to be a number of years off sadly.

rOcKeTdOg

Aliexpress is full of frames that look like those above “chinarelo” has become the generic name for a “carbon copy” if you will

Your shop was full of KTM’s I noticed Mboy, are u discounting now everyones waiting for the 2015 models? 😉

PrinceJohn

The chain looks too long on the first bike.

& it appears to have one wooden spoke 😉

bland

If china knocked out frames like the myroom wed all be after one, so much thought gone into them, even using a 27.2 seatppst to return some flex from an otherwise flex free frame.

You can’t knock the brand because it doesn’t have an engine, two different companies and have been for as long as some of the old timers here have been kicking dust for! Gotta hand it to the uk guys too for their input and a.brand willing to listen for a change!

njee20
    Free Member

+1, they’re perfectly ok, but look like generic carbon frames with stickers on. Which I imagine is just what they are…

fluxhutchinson
    Free Member

Are those upside down forks in the first shot available?

njee20
    Free Member

For MY 2015 yes.

bland

Well the revelator was rode in last years tour so maybe not, think more old giant moulds, tweaked. and with the latest fibre available

mrmoofo

My 950SM looked way better …
    No need to go the bike route!

bigrich

I well want a go on an e-fatbike.

neil853
    Free Member

My girlfriend has ultra sport something or other, its an alloy one but has some really nice touches, shes really pleased with it and it far from looks like some generic Chinese copy, I think little by little they are chipping away at becoming a legitimate alternative to the established brands

AlexSimon

There’s a pinion hardtail:

marmaduke
    Free Member

That orange CX bike is sexy as, but I agree the first thing through my mind at a couple of them was ‘they look so generic chinese’

andybrad

care to summarize this theft thing?

njee20
    Free Member

care to summarize this theft thing?

Man has fairly unusual, but entry level, mountain bike stolen after leaving it unlocked outside a shop in sleepy Welsh town. Refuses to give in, becomes increasingly obsessed over details such as CCTV locations, and becomes irate that police and Crimewatch aren’t dropping everything to help.

To be fair, I think he had err… ‘issues’.

It’s here for anyone who wants a read. Very weird.

buck53

There’s a pinion hardtail

Ooh, interesting…

granny_ring

Where can you get those wheel stands?

njee20
    Free Member

Where can you get those wheel stands?

Willworx Superstand

mboy
    Free Member

Your shop was full of KTM’s I noticed Mboy, are u discounting now everyones waiting for the 2015 models?

Good few months away yet, and whilst some of the range is all new for 2015, some it looks like are just cosmetic and spec changes. Always a deal to be done to a good customer though if you’re asking… 🙂

& it appears to have one wooden spoke

1×11 XTR by the looks of it, so the cassette probably necessitates that long a chain.

The wooden spoke is the in trend for 2015 so I’m told. Start whittling now!

+1, they’re perfectly ok, but look like generic carbon frames with stickers on. Which I imagine is just what they are…

It’s a huge amount more than a marketing exercise and buying someone else’s open mould frame and slapping some stickers on. Frames are all designed in house by KTM, then made in the Far East, before shipping to Austria for painting and finishing and being assembled into bikes. Finish on these bikes is top notch, I’ve been in the trade a number of years, you won’t see a better finished Trek, Giant, Specialiazed or Merida say than you would a KTM. They’re up there in terms of quality. Quickest bikes to PDI ever, which if you’re a mechanic in a bike shop, is a god send!

hink more old giant moulds, tweaked. and with the latest fibre available

There’s a lot of TCR about the Revelator if you will, but there’s enough unique features to it to mark it out as being an individual design. Geometry is very close to a TCR too, but little touches like the seat tube meeting the BB shell forward of its centre line, to allow a 405mm chainstay but keep clearance for bigger tyres too, are very unique. The replaceable mech hanger is also a unique part too (don’t worry, spares readily available), and the tapered head tube is in the vein of most of the newer aero road bikes in that it only tapers to 1 1/4″ at the bottom rather than 1 1/2″.

Well spotted that man! I hadn’t picked up on that one… Ooooooooh… Can’t wait!

monkeychild
    Free Member

I was eyeing up some of the KTM XC weapons at this weekends MTB-Marathon. I have to say they looked rather nice.

stumpy01

There’s a Gear4Racing KTM showroom about a mile from me. I went in ages ago to get some fork oil and got talking to the blokes; they were quite interested when I told them it was for servicing a mtb fork, rather than a motorbike (no, honestly, they were!).

At the time they had a few mid-range bikes in there, but from their facebook page I think they are trying to make more of a business from the bicycle side of things and seem to be getting in some nicer gear. Should really pop in and have a look.
    They all look pretty nice to me.

The-Swedish-Chef
    Free Member

What chainset/ring is that on the first 29er?

njee20
    Free Member

What chainset/ring is that on the first 29er?

XTR M9000

There’s a Gear4Racing KTM showroom about a mile from me. I went in ages ago to get some fork oil and got talking to the blokes; they were quite interested when I told them it was for servicing a mtb fork, rather than a motorbike (no, honestly, they were!).

Are they still completely different companies, the motorbike and push bike divisions? They were.

stumpy01

njee20 – Member

Are they still completely different companies, the motorbike and push bike divisions? They were.

Yeah, I think they are completely different companies still. I think Gear4 are just a dealer/distributor?. They do Saracen road bikes too looking on their site….

Here:
    http://www.gear4motorcycles.co.uk/

dobiejessmo
    Free Member

Thats a shame thought you were putting pics up of KTM freerides they are interesting bikes 😀

granny_ring

Cheers njee.

Anyone know how much the Willworx Superstands are?

njee20
    Free Member

No idea I’m afraid – I zoomed in on the picture and you can see “Superstand” under the chain set, just googled it 😉

neilm
    Free Member

I’ve become a KTM fan since visiting the stand at the Welsh Cycle Show.

In fact, I went straight from the show to a local dealer and bought a Revelator 3500 which is my first ever carbon bike (I’m a retro steel frame fan) and which I am absolutely delighted with.

I have only managed a nudge under 500k on it so far, but that’s enough for me to be thoroughly happy with my purchase.

c_klein87

they are nice frames, i like mine, i do ride for them but i’m not biased, bit of review here still think they’re as good (same) as chinese frame….

yourguitarhero
    Free Member

I like the look of the orange CX bike – will be interested to hear more

northernmatt

Blimey, I remember him from MBR. He just didn’t want to let it go did he! I remember the video he made, it was horrific.

[video]http://youtu.be/EyTV1eXgJyc[/video]

packer
    Free Member

Are there prices anywhere for the 2015 bikes yet?

mboy
    Free Member

Are there prices anywhere for the 2015 bikes yet?

These are pre production snap shots of things to come in 2015.

Don’t expect to see prices until September sometime probably. 2014 range are very much still on sale in local KTM dealers…

ChunkyMTB
    Free Member

mboy – Member

Your shop was full of KTM’s I noticed Mboy, are u discounting now everyones waiting for the 2015 models?

Good few months away yet, and whilst some of the range is all new for 2015, some it looks like are just cosmetic and spec changes. Always a deal to be done to a good customer though if you’re asking…

& it appears to have one wooden spoke

1×11 XTR by the looks of it, so the cassette probably necessitates that long a chain.

The wooden spoke is the in trend for 2015 so I’m told. Start whittling now!

It’s a huge amount more than a marketing exercise and buying someone else’s open mould frame and slapping some stickers on. Frames are all designed in house by KTM, then made in the Far East, before shipping to Austria for painting and finishing and being assembled into bikes. Finish on these bikes is top notch, I’ve been in the trade a number of years, you won’t see a better finished Trek, Giant, Specialiazed or Merida say than you would a KTM. They’re up there in terms of quality. Quickest bikes to PDI ever, which if you’re a mechanic in a bike shop, is a god send!

hink more old giant moulds, tweaked. and with the latest fibre available

There’s a lot of TCR about the Revelator if you will, but there’s enough unique features to it to mark it out as being an individual design. Geometry is very close to a TCR too, but little touches like the seat tube meeting the BB shell forward of its centre line, to allow a 405mm chainstay but keep clearance for bigger tyres too, are very unique. The replaceable mech hanger is also a unique part too (don’t worry, spares readily available), and the tapered head tube is in the vein of most of the newer aero road bikes in that it only tapers to 1 1/4″ at the bottom rather than 1 1/2″.

Well spotted that man! I hadn’t picked up on that one… Ooooooooh… Can’t wait!

Do you work for KTM or something? You could write their marketing guff for them.

They look ok. The usual open mold generic stuff pumped out from China though.

My chinese open mould HT is just as well finished as any big brand I’ve ever had. About £1000 cheaper too.

You don’t have to be in the ‘Trade’ to understand or see quality 🙄

mboy
    Free Member

They look ok. The usual open mold generic stuff pumped out from China though.

I’m glad you read what I wrote so clearly!

FACEPALM!

I’ll reiterate… They are NOT open mould. Anyway…

My chinese open mould HT is just as well finished as any big brand I’ve ever had. About £1000 cheaper too.

They paid you several hundred quid to take it off their hands? WOW, I’m impressed!

You don’t have to be in the ‘Trade’ to understand or see quality

No, but clearly working in the trade helps in the understanding of the term “Open Mould” though…

The queue for the new Trek Emonda starts over there ——————>

😉

Now that is a bike that’s a triumph of marketing guff over substance if ever there was one!

Viewing 40 posts - 1 through 40 (of 51 total)

The topic ‘KTM 2015 Preview Shots’ is closed to new replies.