Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)
  • KS Supernatural seatpost
  • stusummerside
    Free Member

Has anyone had a supernatural seatpost ?

Mackem

I’ve got a dropzone, which I believe is a supernatural with a bit of offset.

Only had it a week and a bit, very good so far. Cant believe the difference it makes.

stusummerside
    Free Member

Iv had mine nearly a year and the seat clamp keeps sliding backwards which is annoying

Northwind

Just picked one up- had an i900 (Dropzone) for ages and it’s been great so got this for the other bike.

Seems fine so far, mostly very similar. Seat clamp is a bit needlessly complicated and big, and I don’t really like the rear cable exit, makes cable management harder especially on the 6 inch one. But it’s well made and the i900’s made me trust KS.

stusummerside
    Free Member

When mine works it’s perfect but the seat clamp slides backwards from time to time and no matter how tight I tighten it it still managers to come loose grrr

Stevelol
    Free Member

I’ve had my KS i950-r (which I believe is the same as the supernatural, someone correct me if I’m wrong) for what must be over 3 years now.

It’s had a couple of cables in that time and been serviced once after I noticed it required pressure on the nose of my saddle to actuate the post, and a slight mark was created on the stanchion.

I also stripped one of the seatclamp bolts because they’re made out of cheese, I’ve recently replaced that and all is good.

So in that respect it’s essentially been bombproof and I would buy one again. However, where the cable attaches under the seatclamp gets absolutely full of crud and eventually gums up, meaning you have to clean it regularly, to bodge this I’ve fitted a rubber o-ring around the lever, tensioned the ring (by twisting it, uber tech) and attached it to the seatclamp rails, this way there’s a decent ammount of tension on the lever so it springs back nicely after using it.

My remote is also pretty bashed up from crashes, and has been taped/filed to get it working again, although I reckon I’d have broken a reverb remote properly by now. Despite the above these are my only niggles.

stusummerside
    Free Member

Nice one mate

Northwind

Stevelol – Member

However, where the cable attaches under the seatclamp gets absolutely full of crud and eventually gums up,

Do you have the wee rubber boot thing? New ones come with it, not sure if it’ll make the slightest bit of difference though!

Stevelol
    Free Member

I’m prepared to stick with my ghetto-as-sheet method if it means not spending £7 on a bit if rubber 😀 no haven’t tried it, read a review on superstar that said it didn’t work anyway.

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)

The topic ‘KS Supernatural seatpost’ is closed to new replies.