Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • KS lever upgrade southpaw with gears or alternative
  • withersea
    Free Member

So fairly quickly I’ve grown to hate the remote level on the KS Lev seatpost, to the extent that I am thinking of replacing with a reverb. But before I can only one suggest a remote upgrade. The southpaw looms great if you are running a 1x set-up which, but for the foreseeable future I am staying 2x. Has anyone managed to fit one with a LH gear lever or can recommend something else?

thepurist

Gut feeling is that an rs poploc remote could be made to work. I’m fine with the standard ks lever though.

colinpm1
    Free Member

Should be fine with the Southpaw and gears. Might just depend on your comfort levels. I ride a 1×10 now but had it set up in previous 3×9 with no issues. The fit was a bit tight and had to move gear and brake levers about 3mmaway from my grips but the Southpaw trigger fitted neatly between the grip and the rest of the furniture!

Didn’t notice the change in position of my levers as I’ve got fairly big mitts!

rickon
    Free Member

I modified a SRAM X9 lever. It’s awesome.

You can do the same, or buy a KS Southpaw, or a Specialized SRL lever (which is as good as a XX1 lever).

All are much better than a reverb lever.

thegreatape
    Free Member

What do you hate about the KS remote? If it’s the size you could try a Specialized normal one as it is a little bigger (I think). If it’s the orientation then a stevied adapter might help.

mikewsmith
    Free Member

Having got a temporary reverb while my lev is waiting for parts I don’t rate the reverb lever compared to the standard lev, feels heavy and more thumb movement needed.

withersea
    Free Member

The standard KS lever seems small to me with regards to how much lever there is locate my thumb on and then there is the whole sticky cable things as well, although I believe the stock cable is of poor quality.

pembo6
    Free Member

I use an old crank bros kronolog lever. Works great and is highly adjustable. Can go above or below the bar. Pretty sue u can buy them separate from the dropper.

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)

The topic ‘KS lever upgrade southpaw with gears or alternative’ is closed to new replies.