Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 15 total)
  • KS lev southpaw, anyone fitted one?
  • augustuswindsock

Santa’s brought me one of these, I’m a bit stumped about fitting it though, there’s a nipple naturally enough at the lever and the ‘claw’ at the seatpost end, how do I loosen the cable from the ‘claw’ bit to thread the cable through the lever?

shredder
    Free Member

Integra version or normal ?

augustuswindsock

normal

nicholas_yiu

There should be a small grub screw (2mm) and a small hex (3mm) machined into the aluminium for you to hold onto with another allen key.

It is very important to get the cable length exactly right, otherwise, you seatpost either wouldn’t actuate or would drop on its own. You need exactly 22mm of inner cable from the end of the cable outer (according to the manual).

In my experience, it is better to cut slightly long and trim as you adjust.

shredder
    Free Member

As above
    Good video here on how to install.

augustuswindsock

Cheers guys, I get it now!

motozulu
    Free Member

It’s a great lever btw. Had mine for 2 rides now and soooo much easier to use than the stock trigger. Southpaw is really nicely designed.

nach
    Free Member

You might want a bit of leccy tape on the bars – I’ve found the two part clamp doesn’t grip that well otherwise.

motozulu
    Free Member

Really? not had an issue with mine – though I did have to wind it down pretty tight – not brilliant if you are a carbon bar owner.

stuc
    Free Member

A bit of carbon paste has helped mine stay in place now on carbon bars – it had started to move around a bit, think it would be better as a full band personally.

Has anyone had any issues with lever becoming very very stiff to operate – I think it was actually the force of trying to operate it that was causing the clamp to slip. New cable time?

augustuswindsock

seems that slippage is a common issue, but easily corrected by all accounts!

mactheknife

Yep, carbon paste solves the slippage issue.

singlespeedstu

Carbon paste wouldn’t stop mine from slipping on a carbon bar.
    Had to resort to a wrap of old innertube cut to just wider than the clamp.
    Works great apart from that though.

GolfChick
    Free Member

Sorry to resurrect a thread, wondering if stuc solved his stiff southpaw by replacing the cabling?

Thomson post attached to a ks southpaw is becoming almost impossible to operate down to stiffness and the already carbon bars aren’t helping at all, not even inner tube holds it in place anymore.

Hicksy
    Free Member

I’ve wedged a small block of rubber between the Southpaw lever bracket and the brake lever. This stops the lever from rotating around the bar. I guess it will depend on the position of your brake lever in comparison to your Southpaw, but it works for me.

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 15 total)

The topic ‘KS lev southpaw, anyone fitted one?’ is closed to new replies.