Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • ks lev southpaw
  • jaffejoffer
    Free Member

cant get my southpaw to clamp the bars. ive had it clamped before but crashed and knocked it out of position at weekend, when i went to fix it it just will not grip! anyone had similar issues?

euans2
    Free Member

Can’t say that I’ve experienced that issue, have you tried carbon paste?

somafunk

Try a wrap of gorilla tape around the bars or use a thin bit of old inner tube

taxi25
    Free Member

You must have bent the jaws open a bit 🙁 as people have said shimming it out a bit should work.
    I’ve just fitted one to my bike, it seems a nice bit of kit, just hope it isn’t a bit fragile.

blairc70
    Free Member

Yes, had the same issue, carbon paste helped a bit but in the end hit it with a mallet on a bit of wood to open it up slightly, no issues since then.

bigwill
    Free Member

Yep, had the same issue from new, it’s a know problem especially on carbon bars, where you just can’t tighten them up enough, without massively exceeding the recommended torqs setting. I used scotch 2228 tape to pack it out abit. But any thick rubber tape would do.

jaffejoffer
    Free Member

thanks, i have tried a wrap of gorilla on the bar but that didnt help. like i said it did grip fine so im assuming its bent (cant fathom how i manged to that like) but will try to bend it together in a vice…

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)

The topic ‘ks lev southpaw’ is closed to new replies.