Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • KS lev seatpost 27.2mm broke out of the box
  • chrisharvey
    Free Member

Hi

Just throwing a question out there. I just bought a KS lev 27.2mm seatpost after looking for quite a while i decided it may be expensive but i could not find a bad review on it. How ever i assembled it and it didn’t work . When the mechanism is pulled the seatpost doesn’t go into the up position (you can however manually pull it up). Im thinking it either does not have enough air in or the mechanism inside is broke as when it is pulled down nothing happens. Any body else had a similar experience?

chris

somafunk

Can’t help as i just received mine last week and it’s working perfectly (sorry), I did email the US side of the business to enquire about a spare handlebar lever and cable clamp assembly for my toolbox in case of breakage and i received an email back very quickly with an address in France that is currently dealing with warranty/spare parts etc.

Reply below :

We are currently in the process of finalizing new distribution for the UK.

At present we are not able to mention the distributor by name, but they are a great step forward in our ability to better service the UK market.

We have set up an interim solution, which is our French Distributor, Race Company. They will handle warranty and service while we finalize the new UK distribution.

Their contact info is as follows:

Company: Race Company
    Address: QCompany: Race Company
    Address: Quartier Salignan Route du Chene
    84400 APT FRANCE
    Tel: +33(0)490044660
    Fax: +33(0)486556035
    E-Mail: laetitia@raceco-mtb.com
    Web: http://www.raceco-mtb.comuartier Salignan Route du Chene
    84400 APT FRANCE
    Tel: +33(0)490044660
    Fax: +33(0)486556035
    E-Mail: antoine@raceco-mtb.com
    Web: http://www.raceco-mtb.com

Get in touch with them or send it back to the shop you purchased it from, H-bike?.

matther01
    Free Member

Have you checked the seat collar isn’t too tight either? I had the same issue when I first installed it. Make sure you use carbon fibre paste or similar and not grease.

somafunk

^^^^^^^^^^^
    True, I used a liberal smattering of carbon paste and only tightened my Thomson seat collar to 2.5 nm using a torque screwdriver and bit, the torque setting required to enable grip of the seatpost is a baw’ hair less than bugger-all really.

review/explanation of why to use carbon paste

chrisharvey
    Free Member

Hi guys

I tried it on and off the bike 🙁 didnt work either way. I bought it from bike24.com so i have emailed them but that was on friday so i wasnt really expecting a response today or tomorrow. Ill see what happens then see if the french can come to my aid. Superstar components have been mentioned as a possible uk supplier in some forum somewhere (cant remember) but i dont know whether they have stopped as they are selling of older models for cheap and ks are not on their suppliers list.

rc200f8
    Free Member

When you say you can ‘manually pull it up’ are you lifting the seat or manually pulling the barrel in the ‘cable box’. Someone on here had to adjust the inner kevlar cord to make the post return quicker as it had a very slow return speed. To adjust the inner cord you need to remove the base cap, there should be no slack in the inner cord. I’ve got a 27.2mm lev and I have to attatch the ‘claw’ onto the barrel in the cable box by giving it a gentle push with an allen key or screwdriver.

chrisharvey
    Free Member

I connected the claw to the barrel which pull the kevlar rope down. Thats when i got sad as nothing happened, but when the i press the remote i can manually lift the seat. When the kevlar cable is pulled down, the seat doesnt even budge in the slightest by its self.

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)

The topic ‘KS lev seatpost 27.2mm broke out of the box’ is closed to new replies.