Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • KS Lev post – friction when compressed
  • Duane…
    Free Member

Hi all,

I’ve got a KS Lev, which is giving me a bit of bother. If I push down on the saddle directly above the post, it goes down fine, but if I push down on the front or rear of the saddle, it tends not to slide – meaning I end up repeatedly bouncing on the saddle mid-trail to get it to go down.

Pretty sure the cable motion is fine. Saddle comes back up fine.

Seems like the internals are a bit sticky/lots of friction. I’ve put some lube under the screw-up top cap, no improvement. Any suggestions?

Ta,
    Duane

sillyoldman

Just needs a service.

Mine was the same after 9 months of relentlessly wet weather in west of Scotland – couldn’t be arsed, so just did what you did – bit of finish line wet lube under the collar, cycled the spot a few times, turned bike upside down and partially filled the inverted collar with the same lube, and refitted the collar – been good now for months. Should really service it though.

shredder
    Free Member

As above mine was the same fighting to get it to drop on the trail. Had it serviced and its perfect again. It did go two years with only lube under the collar so not too bad.

Duane…
    Free Member

OK thanks, sillyoldman I’ll give that a go!

What’s the deal with a service, can it be DIYed? Tricky?

thepurist

A strip and lube is about as difficult as an air can service on a shock. There’s a video on line from ks that covers it. The tricky bit is undoing the mechanism from the push rod the first time, otherwise you just need normal tools and some suitable grease. You can even leave the saddle on unless you need to fettle the return pressure.

Video here : https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=SOYjhtPFZ4I

Oh and you can undo the end cap using the seat post clamp.

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)

The topic ‘KS Lev post – friction when compressed’ is closed to new replies.