Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • KS Lev owners…
  • monkeyfiend
    Free Member

I’ve narrowed my dip into dropper posts to the KS Lev range but, is it worth going for the standard over the DX model?

The only differences seem to be weight (50g), price (£60) and colour of stanchion.

I was looking at getting a 150mm one but I think the cable box thingy will have to fit over the seat clamp as the post will need to be slammed right down in the frame, I’m prepared to buy a new collar (to replace the quick release one on there) but I can’t find any info about which ones are slim enough, anyone got any experience?

Using an on-line diagram I’ve figured that the distance from seat post clamp to saddle rails needs to be 207mm if the cable box fits over the clamp and about 230mm if it doesn’t, can anyone confirm this in the flesh?

I could probably get by with a 125mm one but an extra inch is always greatly appreciated, yeah?

Any replies and opinions are welcome.

phill

Onzadog
    Free Member

I’ve got the 27.2 x 100 on one bike and the 31.6 x 125 on another. To be honest, once the post is out of the way, it’s out of the way. I don’t notice the inch difference between them.

duir
    Free Member

I run the KS LEV Integra so a bit different but has been fit and forget. Not sure about the DX.

I am 6′ and run the 150mm post but I still have the main body of the post showing about an inch and a bit to get the right extension. With that in mind you may not need to worry about the seat collar or if you are shorter you won’t need the 150mm.

Also I found the remote lever rubbish on the LEV so I bought the southpaw one instead which is superb. It is advertised as for 1 X setups only but if you switch it to the right side and put it upside down on the top it is 2 X compatible too.

neilwheel
    Free Member

I have the 27.2/100mm.

There is 8mm clearance between the fixed post and the cable entry fitting so this easily fits over a standard seatpost clamp, like Hope for example.

The fitting at the top of the static post is 35mm top to bottom. Fully compressed, 65mm from highest clampable section to centre of seatrails.

monkeyfiend
    Free Member

Thanks for the replies so far, it helps.

So fully compressed I’m looking at 65mm, fully extended will be 65mm + travel. That’s good, I can fit that in.

I’m 6’3, that’s why I think more travel will be better, but my concern was fitting it onto a 20″ frame.

Interesting about the lever, I had read reviews that praised it.

bikeneil
    Free Member

No go for the DX. The standard Lev’s Seatclamp is carbon and I’ve seen a couple break.

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)

The topic ‘KS Lev owners…’ is closed to new replies.