Viewing 18 posts - 1 through 18 (of 18 total)
  • KS Lev or Reverb in seatpost in 27.2mm diameter?
  • baldman
    Free Member

Hi all – first proper post here after much lurking and occaisional replies!

Does anyone in the trade know if the 27.2mm KS Lev will ever be available? It’s been talked about for a long time but I’ve not seen any for sale anywhere.

Also, when I asked in my LBS they said Rockshox may be developing a Reverb in this size as there are lots of bikes out there with that size seattube – anyone heard / seen anything from them?

Northwind

Rockshox have said they won’t be, but things can change I suppose. KS have a habit of announcing these things then not getting round to it for years.

So in conclusion, Gravity Dropper.

oscillatewildly
    Free Member

i’d absolutly love it if rockshox did a 27.2mm version of the reverb, there are absolutly 1000’s of 27.2 bikes out there, and im sure with a big manufacturer like rockshox they can make it work!

im waiting to see the lev too, but its still not got a release date 🙁

blahblahblah
    Free Member

I’m very keen on investigating the Lev when it’s released.

It was always going to be later than the larger diameter posts. The last time I searched for release dates it was January 2013ish.

Fingers crossed. If they can get availability for spring time, I’ll most likely purchase one.

agentdagnamit
    Free Member

I put an X-Fusion Hilo on Ms AD’s bike earlier this year, it’s doing well. It’s been used for a week of proper upping-and-downing in Spain and a few rides in UK winter. The seals seem better than the Joplin (though that isnt saying much). It looks a bit cheap and cheerful, but has been a good buy so far.

baldman
    Free Member

Thanks guys, given how long I’ve been waiting may hang out and see if anything materialises in January from KS.

Like you OW – I can’t believe a company like Rockshox don’t make one though I guess they are only looking at the new market – not older bikes?

Never heard of ICE lift – looks a bit like a gravity dropper copy – but a much more sensible price? Are they made by the same people just cheaper materials?

Onzadog
    Free Member

Tick.

wobbliscott
    Free Member

I take it you’ve seen this:

http://www.wiggle.com/ks-supernatural-i7-adjustable-seat-post-int-lever/

My mates got this with the handlebar remote kit and it works a treat. Have dropped hint to the wife for Christmas but I’m not holding my breath!

baldman
    Free Member

Wobbliscott – yes, have thought of that one too, but once I’d seen the Lev made me want to wait – but it’s getting too long now so may be a choice between all those suggested above!

Leku – cheers, I’d not seen that post.

Onzadog – do you mean the ICE is ok or was that just a hint to use the search next time?

acidchunks

very pleased with my 27.2 Hilo so far. bought from wiggle, paid 160.

Onzadog
    Free Member

No, “tick” is just so this thread shows in my search history as I’m looking for a 27.2 dropper. I was very anti the cable loop but I’m coming around to the idea now.

when I clean my bike, I put it in a work stand, clamped via the seatpost. you can’t clamp onto the stanchions of a dropper so what I do with the wife’s reverb is lock the saddle in its lowest position, then raise the whole post out of the frame enough to get it in the stand. This only works because of the loop of hose. Might not sound like much, but withthe lev, I’d struggle to clean the bike (unless it has a qr cable attachment).

baldman
    Free Member

Cheers Onza, useful tip if I want to find an old thread/post.

Leku
    Free Member

Onza – “Add this topic to your favorites (?)”

mmel
    Free Member

Onzadog – it’s really really easy to disconnect the cable from the LEV, undo the quick release and whip it out, probably takes 10 seconds max.

JoeG
    Free Member

The Lev remote cable is easily released from the point where it enters the fixed portion of the post. Pages 10-11 show installation here. There are also videos on the ks website.

Onzadog
    Free Member

Cheers guys. so, when and where could I get one?

Viewing 18 posts - 1 through 18 (of 18 total)

The topic ‘KS Lev or Reverb in seatpost in 27.2mm diameter?’ is closed to new replies.