Viewing 14 posts - 1 through 14 (of 14 total)
  • ks lev integral southpaw remote broken
  • godders
    Free Member

The bracket that holds the lever for the southpaw remote has snapped, its only a crappy bit of plastic and i always thought it seemed a weak point on the design, why not make it metal? anyway it snapped today and made riding bloody annoying as i couldn’t move the lever. SO I’ve looked at a replacement and its £39. I only need the little bracket, not the actual lever itself so really don’t want to buy the whole thing. Anyone else had this issue before?? I may be able to get it on warranty as not had the bike 2 months yet. If not can anyone recommend a better (all metal) lever and bracket thats cable actuated, cheers.

duir
    Free Member

The southpaw is a garbage design, I replaced mine with the race face one which is infinitely better, all metal and has a proper clamp but is a rip off at £50. I tried everything to get the southpaw to stay in place on carbon bars but nothing worked. As a result I have 2 southpaw levers in my spares bin both have been sanded on the inside to help clamp the bars, complete waste of money.

Hob-Nob
    Free Member

Bontrager lever is better & only £15.

survivor

Convert a shifter?

poah
    Free Member

absolutely no problems with my son’s southpaw on carbon bars

godders
    Free Member

Glad to hear its not just me who thinks its a rather crap design. The amount of flex id get from the bracket as I pushed the lever raised alarm bells from the off, then the lever would rotate in the clamp and get stuck against my grip and stop the post locking out. The race face turbine does look rather nice though.

godders
    Free Member

That Bontrager design is how the bracket should be on the southpaw, METAL!!!

thats a bargain for 15 quid, I think I may go for that. Cheers.

duir
    Free Member

absolutely no problems with my son’s southpaw on carbon bars

Really?

Yours must be the only one they got to work then.

sillyoldman

The £39 is all Alloy. Only the OEM ones are plastic.

scotroutes

sillyoldman – Member
    The £39 is all Alloy. Only the OEM ones are plastic.

Ah – now it all becomes clear. My Southpaw has been just fine. No breakages. No slippage. Alloy.

Northwind

<buys bontrager lever>

carlos
    Free Member

POSTED 1 WEEK AGO # REPORT-POST
    duir – Member
    The southpaw is a garbage design? As a result I have 2 southpaw levers in my spares bin both have been sanded on the inside to help clamp the bars, complete waste of money.

A Cheeky ask, but how much to put one in the post to me if they’re only in the spares bin??

Email in profile

Thanks
    Carlos

bloodsexmagik
    Free Member

Also a bit of a cheeky one but if anyone has a broken/snapped southpaw lever that they aren’t using then I have managed to lose the ‘bolt’ bit from the ‘nut and bolt’ arrangement that the lever pivots around. No idea when it fell out but it has and they want nearly a £10 for a new one so if any charitable soul can do it for cheaper it’d be much appreciated.

Email in profile.

Cheers.

clubby

^^^^^^^ I found mine had dropped out last week as well, somewhere round Dunkeld enduro trails. Explained why it wasn’t behaving for the last part of the ride. Had a look and thought to myself that it looks chainring bolt size, and lt is. Chucked in a spare one and it works fine. Stuck another one in my camelback in case it happens again.

Viewing 14 posts - 1 through 14 (of 14 total)

The topic ‘ks lev integral southpaw remote broken’ is closed to new replies.