Viewing 13 posts - 1 through 13 (of 13 total)
  • KS Lev integra sticking down?
  • chilled76
    Free Member

Afternoon all,

I’ve got a 3 ride old Lev Integra that keeps sticking down.. comes back up with a light pull and then will operate fine again for a while.

Don’t want to return it if I can help it as I really can’t be bothered to try routing a reverb hose, the gear outer is in place and it was a right faff

Is there a fix for this issue known?

Any advice much appreciated.

nwmlarge
    Free Member

What pressure is it set to ?

chilled76
    Free Member

I have no idea, will have a look. What’s recommended?

Stevet1
    Free Member

You can adjust air pressure as mentioned, else I *think* that the KS posts take a few rides to loosen up as there bushings are quite tight.

chilled76
    Free Member

Ive heard that. Strange thing is it worked fine for the first two rides now it’s sticking..

clubby

Mine does this too. Was also told it loosens up but still waiting after six months! I find a wee bum dunt is needed to pop it back up. Doesn’t happen every time, just when it’s not been used a lot during a ride. TBH I’d rather put up with this than it wobbling side to side the whole time.

chilled76
    Free Member

That’s annoying, my last reverb was faultless for 3 years. Expected better for over £300

me1tdown
    Free Member

Does it need a bit more cable tension? Possibly the cable has stretched slightly and is only ‘just’ unlocking the mechanism with a bit of persuasion.

My Lev integra (2 years old) has been great, much less faff than my reverb, although it does now need a service.

dlr

as per me1tdown, check the cable tension by unscrewing the end cap at the bottom of the post, if it doesn’t fully engage it won’t operate

Had this exact issue recently and I made a video…there is a crush plastic bit inside that ferrel but I got away with just undoing the grub screw, pulling the slack through with pliers and doing up

[video]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=f6BRDZXFwSM[/video]

blairc70
    Free Member

Check the main collar hasn’t worked loose, mine sticks if this happens.

chilled76
    Free Member

I’ll check all of that cheers guys.

sweaman2
    Free Member

As per me1tdown – If the tension isn’t quite enough it’ll feel “sticky”.
    Getting the tension just right is a bit on an art / phaff.

chilled76
    Free Member

I tried adding tension with the barrel adjust on the bars but it didn’t change, will inspect are the other end though as it is a long cable outer and could have compressed a lot.

Viewing 13 posts - 1 through 13 (of 13 total)

The topic ‘KS Lev integra sticking down?’ is closed to new replies.