• This topic has 8 replies, 4 voices, and was last updated 8 years ago by duir.
Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)
  • KS Lev Integra Care & Maintenance Tips?
  • Jungli
    Free Member

Recently got one of these..

Can anyone tell me what I should be doing and how often to keep it in good condition please?

Ta..

J

nach
    Free Member

KS recommend servicing “at the same interval as drivetrain cleaning” and that it’s sent back to a dealer for this.

They also posted this service video for the standard Lev though: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SOYjhtPFZ4I

I found last winter mine lasted about two months before I needed to dismantle and clean. It wasn’t a difficult job. Not sure how much the internals differ on the integra, but you could buy a strap wrench and try…

Scienceofficer
    Free Member

I have two normal levs. One is coming up to 2years old. I’ve not actually serviced the older one yet. Every time I clean my suspension and chain, I take the dirt wiper collar off and get some finish line lube into it. Seems to do the job. It’s possible to get grease in it using the collar to force it into the top bush too, but it seems to be excessively sticky for awhile after.

The jury is out on whether my ‘low tech’ approach is satisfactory since I’ve not had it apart yet, but then I’ve not actually needed to yet. The keys are only just now beginning to show a bit of wear.

thegreatape
    Free Member

Re the video – it’s if anything easier for the Integra due to it not having the fiddly Kevlar cable and so on. Despite having a strap wrench I couldn’t get the actuator off the shaft with it due to it not gripping. A piece of fabric tape, the sticking plaster stuff, wrapped round it while I undid the actuator did the job nicely, just clean any residue off afterwards. Mine only has three brass keys in despite having six grooves for them! I assume this is correct 🙂

nach
    Free Member

Ah, yeah, mine was a bit big to get a grip on the shaft (oo-er). I wrapped an extra scrap of rubber around it.

thegreatape
    Free Member

How did you got the split ring that goes under the screw on collar back in place – that was a battle for me.

nach
    Free Member

I guess you mean the one shown here?

Doesn’t look familiar, so IIRC it stayed in the collar when I dismantled it. If not, I definitely don’t recall it being a struggle to get back together.

thegreatape
    Free Member

I don’t think it was supposed to come out of the collar, looking at the parts diagram for the Lev.

duir
    Free Member

I have a Lev Integra. From my experience, ride it day in, day out in the filthiest Scottish and Lakes conditions you can find for a year. Then strip it down and clean/re-grease the internals and be mega careful when you tighten the bottom bolt that screws into the rod because they snap with hardly any torque.

Put back together and ride for another year. For me the Integra has been seriously fire and forget and felt almost exactly the same pre and post service. Nice.

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)

The topic ‘KS Lev Integra Care & Maintenance Tips?’ is closed to new replies.