Viewing 20 posts - 1 through 20 (of 20 total)
  • KS Lev integra?
  • Nobeerinthefridge
    Free Member

Imminent new bike arrival comes with a 150 Lev, don’t know much about them other than they’re apparently easy to maintain.

I’ve had reverbs for maybe 5 years, I’m almost institutionalised… :mrgreen:

Thoughts and experiences? Cheers.

nach
    Free Member

I’ve used both. They get the same sinking issue eventually, but the frequency has been massively reduced on both since I stopped lifting bikes by the saddle.

I prefer Levs for servicing – the IFP and oil are sealed in a damper cartridge, so the basic service is really easy compared to the strip down and refill a Reverb requires. Servicing the damper cartridge isn’t much more complex but best done with a bench vice and a good strap wrench – there’s a great DIY rebuild thread on MTBR.

Both slow down a bit in cold weather, but Levs seem much more robust against it.

iainc

Ordered a CRC discount Reverb Stealth and a Fox Transfer through LBS at weekend. The reverb will be returned and the Fox going on the bike…

Nobeerinthefridge
    Free Member

Thanks Nach.

Iain, WTF does that story, cool as it is, have to do with a Lev? 😆

iainc

Well, it’s to suggest that Reverbs continue to be quite unreliable, yet well warrantied. The Lev gets a better reputation for reliability. 😀

Though Dave recently sorted a second replacement on my original reverb purchase from 2013…

Though in answer to your question SFA really 😀

Nobeerinthefridge
    Free Member

The current stealth 125 on my canyon would suggest otherwise. 30 months old, not a bit of bother*

Yes, yes, I know…..

blairc70
    Free Member

Had a 125 version non intergra , 2 years + not one issue, got a 150 intergra, broke after one month ,warranty at jungle, 2 years on , all I’ve done is clean , lube and replace cable, get a south paw lever if its doesn’t come with one. would defo buy another .

mactheknife

Had a KS Lev Integra for over 2 years. Had a wee service a few months back but not once has it played silly buggers. Awesome bit of kit.

sweaman2
    Free Member

Keep a close eye on cable tension and cable routing. I’ve found the actual KS Lev to be reasonably reliable but it’s very sensitive to cable routing and tension. Also the mechanism for the integra post is somewhat fiddly to work on and has a few small parts that like to be lost…..

Nobeerinthefridge
    Free Member

Cool, sounds pretty positive. It votes with the southpaw, which is one thing I’m looking forward to, the reverb lever is a shite design.

Bigmantrials

Been impressed with mine so far, picked it up second hand, it felt a little sluggish, so I stripped it down and re-lubed it, feels great now! Running it with a gutted XTR shifter as the lever and it feels far superior in use compared to the Reverb I had previously.

sparkyrhino

My integra can be a wee bit temperamental,when raising from full drop, sometimes needs a butt bounce to get it to raise,its a 150mm around a month old.Was advised off this quirk when i picked up the bike.Otherwise its spot on and love the southpaw trigger

bluemoon1981
    Free Member

Hi, no issues with my old reverb got a 150mm oe lev integra on my Santa Cruz tallboy and been back twice in 6 months, first time it kept sticking and then got 1inch drop so cartridge got replaced then it wouldn’t go down at all unless you pushed on the nose of the saddle and the air shaft pin/ needle was replaced, at the mo it’s been ok but only had it back a month.

Nobeerinthefridge
    Free Member

One month in, I’m liking the Lev, really good lever action and ergonomically miles better than the reverb on my other bike. The clamp I have is the alloy one, and no issues with slipping on carbon bars.

Happy days.

enigmas
    Free Member

Been running a 150mm lev integra for 3 years now. It’s seen 2 services in that time (one was £40 for a strip and lube, the other £60 for replacement of the rollers) but otherwise has been bombproof.

Get the southpaw lever if you can, it really is great.

PimpmasterJazz
    Free Member

Well, it’s to suggest that Reverbs continue to be quite unreliable, yet well warrantied. The Lev gets a better reputation for reliability.

Got two, although only one set-up at the moment.

Yeah, as above. Feels a little more solid than a Reverb and I prefer a cable to fluids personally. Pretty easy to set-up too. Used one for two years then got it serviced; it’s the one that’s currently waiting for a new frame. Service was about £60 from Southcoast Suspension and was quick with a full explanation of work.

I should add, I’ve had two Reverbs. I’m still running one, but the other died dramatically shortly after I sold it. To Fisher’s credit they replaced it, despite it being second hand.

Which reminds me – I have a Southpaw I need to install.

Nobeerinthefridge
    Free Member

Get the southpaw lever if you can, it really is great.

Yes, I have it.

JackHammer

I bought a second hand lev integra, it was fine for about 6 months then it go the dreaded drop. I sent it off to Jungle and they fixed it (replaced all the broken bits according to the service sheet) £75 posted back to me virtually brand new. I have a southpaw lever too and it’s awesome.

I have a dropzone on my other bike and it’s never been off for a proper service, just drop the cartridge out every so often, clean and lube and away we go. It’s from 2014 so nearly 3yrs old.

PimpmasterJazz
    Free Member

I have a dropzone on my other bike and it’s never been off for a proper service, just drop the cartridge out every so often, clean and lube and away we go. It’s from 2014 so nearly 3yrs old.

I undo the top of my LEV once every so often, wipe and replace grease. This seems to help matters.

Otherwise Gravity Droppers are the only post I’ve found that are reliable and easy to work on. Reliable because you can strip them at the side of a trail to regrease*, and easy to work on because you don’t actually need any tools you wouldn’t carry in a Camelbak.

*Did this mid-ride at Afan on a particularly filthy day.

JackHammer

Dropzone tools required are;

Old inner tube or rubber bike stand clamp for the collar
    11 or 12mm (maybe a 10mm, cant remember exactly) socket head
    Some grease (got stendec clearish stuff atm seems fine)
    Degreaser (i have IPA atm)
    Some rags

There’s even a youtube video from KS on the internet somewhere.

Wouldnt want to do it trail side though haha.

Viewing 20 posts - 1 through 20 (of 20 total)

The topic ‘KS Lev integra?’ is closed to new replies.