Just finished installing my brand new KS Lev
I had a few queries along the way, and one or two outstanding ones, so for anyone interested either because they've done it before or intend to embark on it themselves...
- It's really not very hard...
- Getting the cable length right is maybe the trickiest element. Add a couple of inches to the length you think you need. You won't notice it if you don't need it, but you sure will if you do. Mine ended up being a bit close for comfort.
- You'll initially install the post as it comes out the box, i.e. in the down position. Don't forget to extend it to check the max height you'll want to set at the clamp. This affects the final position of the cable end (see above...)
- I ended up with a barrel adjuster which I didn't use. I wasn't too concerned as I'd heard others mention that the original design featured a noodle (which wasn't supplied) which the adjuster seems to integrate with. I don't like having bits left over though... Can anyone confirm?
- It seems a quality bit of kit. Haven't got it mucky yet, but if looks and feel are anything to go by I'm optimistic.
Hope this helps.