Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)
  • KS lev – how to replace roller bearing?
  • sam_underhill

I’ve serviced my lev a few times and it’s a fairly easy job. This time round I’ve decided to replace the DU bushing, guide bushings and the roller bearing. I cannot see how to get the old roller bearing out. Has anyone done this?

JoeG
    Free Member
    sam_underhill

Thanks. Yep, I did see that thread. Seems to cover the normal service and a damper rebuild. Sadly, not quite the info I need.

wwaswas

I was told by Jungle that bushes were a return to base job as they have to size them.

JoeG
    Free Member

Why do you need to replace that? I’m not sure what it even does! 😳

I’ve had mine apart for service, but really nothing more.

Edit – DU bushing is a regular repair part. I scratched one of mine when servicing, and had to order and wait for a replacement.

sam_underhill

The roller bearing helps stop rotation of the post (I think). I started getting much more play do thought replacing all the replaceable parts made sense. Only costs a few pounds. The bearing certainly needs replacing now I’ve started extracting it. 😳

sam_underhill

Got it sorted. Bought myself a cheap blind bearing puller on ebay. I levered out the plastic which houses the bushings in the roller bearing then used the bearing puller on the remaining outer race.

hyena
    Free Member

Sam,

Where did you get new roller bearing from? do you have a link?

more important did it reduce the rotational play?

sam_underhill

Give grant a call at south coast suspension for lev parts. The bearing is only a few quid.

I haven’t rebuilt yet as the stanchion is looking a bit battered from contact with the bearing. So it might need a new stanchion 🙁 I’ll be calling grant tomorrow after this realisation.

hyena
    Free Member

Cheers sam, I may needs some copper bush rods as well

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)

The topic ‘KS lev – how to replace roller bearing?’ is closed to new replies.