• This topic has 6 replies, 4 voices, and was last updated 9 years ago by JoeG.
Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • Ks lev gone pop!
  • jim25

So my ks lev has stopped springing back up when pushed down. Thought that somehow the air pressure had dropped down. Took it off to check it, but it’s was still OK, however I noticed there was some fluid on the bottom part of the post that would normally be in the seat tube.
    I unscrewed the bottom cap to gain access to the internal cable and have a look and it was full of what smelt like hydraulic fluid!

So clearly something has gone wrong! Any idea? Can it be fixed? Is it likely I can do it (capable of fork services etc) or is it a send it away job?

Northwind

Sounds like the main cartridge/”oil stick” is probably gone- if it’s like the older designs, it’s supposedly servicable but realistically not worthwhile, it’s pretty cheap.

If it’s out of warranty, I’d just send it to Jungle, a full service and repair on mine was only about £70 with return postage, pretty impressive

JoeG
    Free Member

I agree w/northwind. Parts list and diagram here. You need #8.

matther01
    Free Member

Yep…mine went a wee while ago too. Jungle did it under warranty (with a month to spare thank god). Turnaround time was about 10 working days with signed for postage.

jim25

Not sure warranty will cover mine,as I’ve already took it apart and fiddled with it with noticeable marks. So would guess they’d say no thanks!

jim25

Done! In my eyes I am a mechanical genius!!

Used this guide here lev rebuild

JoeG
    Free Member

One of mine just arrived today from warranty to replace the main cartridge. Its out of warranty as of next month (2 years) so that MTBR rebuild will be worth a try if I have a problem again. I thought that the cartridge was not repairable, and had to be replaced as a unit. Thanks for the link! 🙂

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)

The topic ‘Ks lev gone pop!’ is closed to new replies.