Viewing 13 posts - 1 through 13 (of 13 total)
  • KS LEV failure
  • matther01
    Free Member

Got a LEV a month ago, noticed a small bit of play and wrote to Superstar who said it was the cradle on backwards probably and wanted pics for the warranty.

Read the forum looking for gripes and found others with 3-4mm play but all was still OK.

So I watched the KS video and re-installed everything just to make sure I’d done everything correctly and went to Cannock today (as I have no spare seatpost at the mo).

Half way around my seat had moved all the way back, even though the bolts were torqued correctly.

Later at the bottom of a descent the seat had pratically come off and was only being kept on by the skin of the bolts. Was a good job a hadn’t sat on the seat during the descent as christ only knows what would have happened.

Anyone else experiencing similar problems?

MoseyMTB
    Free Member

Is the cradle directional? I couldn’t work out any difference when I put mine on.

Both bits of the clamp, top and bottom, are the same either way aren’t they?

singlespeedstu

Any picture of it?

p7rich
    Free Member

Any picture of it?

Pic’s would be helpful for other LEV owners as i’m not quite sure what has happened to yours. Did your bolts come loose? Mine’s a month or so old and the saddle clamps bolts did come loose once a few weeks ago. I tightened it back up and been OK since.

matther01
    Free Member

No pics at the minute, but the bolts appear to working themselves loose because of the amount of play.

Not entirely sure how I could have put the cradle on backwards as superstar state as its pretty obvious which way around it sits and is exactly as the KS video shows.

The seat had literally tipped backwards when I got to the bottom the descent.

Will get pics to Neil at superstar tomorrow…not holding out much of it being fixed anytime soon 🙁

MoseyMTB
    Free Member

The cradle goes high end to the back right?

I meant the clamp that sits between it and the rails, that seems the same ran either way and the top bolts.

FuzzyWuzzy

Hmm had mine ages and not noticed any clamp problems, will check the bolts on mine this evening though!

jairaj

Just take it to a bike shop to check you aren’t doing anything wrong.

They should be able to identify if you are doing it wrong and point you in the right direction.

wwaswas

I had problems with the bolts coming loose a couple of times when I first had mine.

I’ve threadlocked them now and it’s been fine since.

Pridds

Mine shifted first ride out and I then rounded the bolt of trying to get it to 10nm as it suggests. I have swapped the front bolt for a m5 bolt with a v brake convex washer to replicate the shape of the original and it’s been fine since. Have to do it up every ride but will try thread locker as above

fitnessischeating
    Free Member

Mines just failed, but not the seat clamp, never had problems there..

When I push the lever, it pulls the barrel in the post, and the cable moves and retracts again, however the post doesn’t release.

Being sent back to wiggle today!

rc200f8
    Free Member

matther01 any news on the lev yet, was it simply the bolts coming loose or was it more dramatic?

dibboid
    Free Member

I’ve threadlocked them now and it’s been fine since.

My i900 is sure here any day now. Thanks for the heads up, thread locker on standby! 🙂

Viewing 13 posts - 1 through 13 (of 13 total)

The topic ‘KS LEV failure’ is closed to new replies.