• This topic has 28 replies, 16 voices, and was last updated 11 years ago by JoeG.
Viewing 29 posts - 1 through 29 (of 29 total)
  • KS LEV.
  • singlespeedstu

Anyone seen them cheaper than this please?

£227.17

Onzadog
    Free Member

Wot no 27.2mm?

It’s a good price but what’s the warranty like?

Just noticed the 90kg weight limit. Best stop looking then.

bodie
    Free Member

I paid 300 for mine 6 weeks ago, grab it!

singlespeedstu

I’m not looking for a 27.2 for the bike it’s going on.

Not to worried about the warranty as I’ve got a i950 and it’s be totaly reliable. (waits for it to explode on the next ride)

90kg’s. No problem for me. 😉

Does seem a good price.
    Just wandered if anyone had seen any uberbargains.

dantsw13

Don’t know where they get the 90kg limit from – it isn’t mentioned on the KS website

tazzymtb

nice find Stu I want one for my chumba, just need to get some mahoosive 29er forks as well

singlespeedstu

Best be carefull taz you might try changing gear if you’ve got a lever on your bars. 😆

matther01
    Free Member

Stu – if you’re after 125mm 30.9 and 385mm, then £218.96.

bike_components de

tazzymtb

Best be carefull taz you might try changing gear if you’ve got a lever on your bars

I had a bell when I fist went singlespeed, kept going uphill to the sound of “ding” every time I was expecting to change gear!

singlespeedstu

matther that’s £231 with delivery.

free delivery from bike discount.

now ordered. 😀

anthonyb
    Free Member

Stu, i ordered mine from bike discount (30.9) and couldn’t be happier with it. Really nice bit of kit, even compared to my 2012 reverb that made way for it..

is yours going on the LTc?

singlespeedstu

Yep.
    Going on the LTc and the i950’s going back on the Yelli.
    It’s been despatched already. 😀

anthonyb
    Free Member

Nice, ive found the lever to me much easier/comfier to operate then the reverb, (which i ran upside down on the left) the Lev’s about 20g heavier, which i couldn’t care less about. Operation is smooth and after its first few outings has remained so, with no play or issues.
    oh and ive got mine mounted on my LTc that turned up last week 🙂 happy days 🙂

hunta

The only issue I have with mine is with the lever not returning fully. Think the spring in the housing may not be stiff enough.

Has anyone experienced and resolved this?

anthonyb
    Free Member

not so far, but ive not really had it long enough to test really. I take it thats developed over time? Or straight out of the box? Where did you get it from? – possibly send it back or request they send you a replacement spring…

hunta

No, had it from installation. I tried trimming and refitting the cable but no improvement. I’ve now bought a new cable and will try fitting it a little longer so the curve isn’t so tight, see if that helps.

sam_underhill

I used an old brake noodle to make the curve, well, a curve. It’s been working without fault for 4 or 5 months (ish).

FuzzyWuzzy

Does it not return fully when out of the bike as well? As I’d suspect the seatclamp is overly tight if it’s only a problem when not in the bike. I don’t really see how it’s the cable as if the cable moves enough to release the post then that should be all that’s need (i.e. the post wouldn’t move at all if it’s a cable issue rather than not return fully). other than that have you checked the air pressure in the post?

Burchy1
    Free Member

Not seen a KS Lev anywhere cheaper but this looks a good deal aswell i’d say – Linky

hunta

Fuzzy, it’s an issue with the lever not returning flush into its housing is all. Post works fine.

thekingofsweden

Stu your so Rad 🙂

singlespeedstu

😳

cumbrianmonkey
    Free Member

this may sound obvious hunta but have you tried taking up some of the slack in the cable? I have an i950 and that normally happens a few weeks after it’s had a new cable and taking up the slack normally sorts it out. Having said that since I swapped the cable for a Gore sealed one 6 mths ago it has worked flawlessly and changing the cable hasn’t been necessary.

Stevelol
    Free Member

I only have an i950 but have problems with the lever not returning if I do the remote clamp up too tight, maybe try that?

Stevelol
    Free Member

Double post

pashand
    Free Member

I had the same problem with my i950 where the remote lever was not fully returning because the remote lever was clamped too tight to the handlebar (by ‘too tight’ I mean just enough to stop the grip from twisting on the handlebar). I put the original lock ring back on the grip, instead of using the remote clamp as the lock ring, and everything works great again. It took me a while to narrow the problem down – I tried cleaning everything, changing the cable and adding a rubber band to the lever on the seatpost itself.

Stevelol
    Free Member

I have to have an oring permanently attached to the seat and lever so it returns properly due to it constantly getting cacked up with dirt on rides.

hunta

Stevelol & pashand… you could have something there! I’ll try it out, thanks for the tip.

JoeG
    Free Member

Stevelol – would this help your situation?

Viewing 29 posts - 1 through 29 (of 29 total)

The topic ‘KS LEV.’ is closed to new replies.