Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • KS i950 Dropper – Sticky Cable
  • sofabear
    Free Member

The KS i950 dropper on my bike is getting quite sticky. Further investigation point towards the remote lever and cable being the culprit.

The main problem is the cable continues to pull on the actuator/switch which operates the valve, meaning the post just drops up and down.

How easy is it to replace the cable on these things? Is it simply a gear cable cut to size?

Phil_H

Yes, just a normal gear cable & a tiny grub screw.

proflexforever
    Free Member

Yea its pretty easy.make sure you use proper cable cutters though if your going to cut the cable

good luck

honourablegeorge

The stock cable on mine was pretty crap. Worked beer when I replaced it. As above, it’s a standard cable.

Northwind

Yeah, I think they’ve improved that now but they used to come with really terrible cheap cables. I dunno, I stuck SP41 on mine same as I have on everything else but I’m not sure it’s ideal for a dropper post because of all the flex/movement, SP41 is a little stiff. So maybe a bendier cable outer would be a good idea…

Be careful with the tiny wee screws/bolts on the cable end and on the thing that holds the ferrule in, btw.

weeksy

Are you sure ?

Mine ended up being the actuating arm under the saddle that I had issues with at BPW, although I suspect yours is the cable matey.

Once done, spend 5 mins outside up and down up and down as it’s a small difference between right and wrong on them

oldfart

Also after you replace cable have a small piece of old inner tube and zip tie it to saddle rails . I did that 18 months ago, it’s been fine since . Just keeps all the crap away from the mechanism .

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)

The topic ‘KS i950 Dropper – Sticky Cable’ is closed to new replies.