• This topic has 64 replies, 30 voices, and was last updated 15 years ago by juan.
Viewing 40 posts - 1 through 40 (of 65 total)
  • KS i900 Adjustable Seatpost, Where From ?
  • fivespot
    Free Member

Thinking of getting one for my SX Trail. Anybody know of any good deals on them. The remote one has gone upto £190 at Supercrapcomponents.

richc
    Free Member

as they are the importers I guess thats how much they are now. You could try realcycles.

rolfharris
    Free Member

Unfortunately only superstar stock them, so you might as well get a crank brothers or gravity dropper for the extra bit of cash.

rockthreegozy
    Free Member

No, Real Cycles have them as well but £200

james
    Free Member

"Unfortunately only superstar stock them, so you might as well get a crank brothers or gravity dropper for the extra bit of cash."

But they’re surely a step backward given they have less uppy-downy travel. The longevity of the crank brothers/maverick one isn’t great either I thought

richc
    Free Member

The maverick post is fine as long, as you put a boot over the shaft. My SO’s seems to be lasting much better than my GD, and is much, much less clunker.

The drop difference and lack of play in the i900 does seem to give it the edge tho.

grumm
    Free Member

Guy here says he got one for 90 quid delivered from xxcycles in france – check out the reviews http://www.bikeradar.com/gear/category/components/seat-post-seat-pin/product/cobra-i900-seatpost-33671

rockthreegozy
    Free Member

Not in stock at the French place..

This looks intresting though. $55?

jfeb
    Free Member

Good price. Bummer that they don’t do the version with the remote 🙁

richc
    Free Member

you should be able to get the remote as an add on kit.

grumm
    Free Member

Ah – they did have the last time I looked. The i950 is a bit lighter as well

freeman
    Free Member

Leisure Lakes stock them. Purerace non remote £150 and remote version £190

fivespot
    Free Member

Cheers guys, I will do a bit more research before spashing out.

grumm
    Free Member

These are in stock again but only in 31.6mm – 93.56 euros – http://www.xxcycle.com/ksp-i900,,en.php

Ed-O
    Free Member

Test of these adjustable posts coming in the upcoming issue of the mag. My Superstar one (K900i) has been totally reliable for the last 5 months. It’s excellent.

grumm
    Free Member

You have to wonder why they are so expensive in this country when you can get one delivered from france for 100 quid.

grumm
    Free Member

They seem to be available from here for 144 euros including postage, shame the exchange rate is so rubbish – http://www.shiftycart.de/?shop=gocycle&lang=x

sootyandjim
    Free Member

How about getting one of these? Sette Ryde ST850.

Less than $30 plus p&p.

I have one and have had no problems with it at all. Fantastic little bit of kit.

Admittedly its 100g heavier than the KS i900 one and give an inch less drop but how much is 100g and an inch worth?

grumm
    Free Member

Looks like it might be the same as this one rebranded – http://www.xxcycle.com/ksp-850,,en.php

Seems to only come in 27.2mm though – otherwise I would def give it a pop for that price.

sootyandjim
    Free Member

Grumm – Its could be, although the seat clamp on mine is profiled slightly differently to the Kind Shock one.

Aye, they only come in 27.2 but its easy enough to fit a shim.

atlaz
    Free Member

I’ve bought one of the cheap ones. Will see how it goes.

Swayndo
    Free Member

What’s the postage cost like on those Pricepoint ones?

grumm
    Free Member

sootyandjim how heavy duty is yours and how well do you think it would work with a shim? Never used one in a seatpost before. Just wondering cos I want it for Megavalanche and I don’t want it to cock up on me obviously.

granny_ring

sootyandjim, any chance you can let me know the measurement from the minimum insert mark to saddle rail please?
    How much with postage & duty?
    Cheers

fivespot
    Free Member

Keep it comming, I hav’nt bought one yet. Any options will be looked into.

Swayndo
    Free Member

Pricepoint got back to my Q on postage. I’d need to spend $50 minimum then it would be $55 postage minimum. If someone is considering a bulk-buy or has US contacts I’d certainly be up for one.

FROGLEEK
    Free Member

KSI900 Super plush, no sideways play, just shell out and get one you wont regret, although if you know someone who speaks Taiwanese you could get one direct from Asia

sootyandjim
    Free Member

Sorry, been away from the computer for a bit, some of those questions answered.

sootyandjim how heavy duty is yours and how well do you think it would work with a shim?

Mine is a little lighter than the listed weight (660g rather than 663g). I’m running mine with a shim (30.9 seat tube) with no problems and I’m not exactly a light rider.

sootyandjim, any chance you can let me know the measurement from the minimum insert mark to saddle rail please?

28cm or 11" in proper measurements.

How much with postage & duty?

This is where I have an advantage over most I’m sure as I have a brother who lives in the US. Postage was free to his house then he just re-sent it to me, as he does with all my US online bike kit purchases. It was about $16 I believe and I paid no duty on it.

KSI900 Super plush, no sideways play, just shell out and get one you wont regret…..

£120 plusher than a ST850? How plush do you need a post that goes up and down to be? Its not a suspension seat post.

No sideways play has developed in my ST850 yet and I’ve been using it since November in some absolutely grim conditions with no servicing or requirement to bodge an inner tube over it as seems to be required on some of the more expensive dropper posts.

End of the day its a dropper post that (if you use my method of purchase) costs just over £30. At that price its basically a consumable and for the £120 difference in price between and Sette Ryde ST-850 and a KSi900 I’m sure you could save the 100g difference somewhere you’ll actually feel it, such as the wheels.

jamnspoon
    Free Member

i would seriously consider letting technology develop on this ide & these early models don,t last long.

they maybe a new lightweight version in the pipeline but i would but a thomson masterpiece & save a bob or 2.

give it a few years for the technology to develop.

granny_ring

sootyandjim cheers for info. Looks like for us to have it sent direct it would work out a fair bit more.

mboy
    Free Member

jam n spoon – Member

i would seriously consider letting technology develop on this ide & these early models don,t last long.

they maybe a new lightweight version in the pipeline but i would but a thomson masterpiece & save a bob or 2.

give it a few years for the technology to develop.

Eh? You what?

How long have people been using height adjustable office chairs? It’s hardly "new technology"! Perhaps someone needs to come up with a lighter/better clamped/better sealed/cheaper version yes, but there’s no new technology involved!

grumm
    Free Member

Thanks sootyandjim – personally I think its pretty likely the sette one from the US is the same as the KS one on xxcycles – similar modeal no etc. Might give it a go.

grumm
    Free Member

bugger looks like they’ve stopped doing it.

Swayndo
    Free Member

If anyone has a US contact that can get a couple of the Sette one’s I’m in!

DrP

Ditto on the "i’m in if there’s an ally overseas….."

It really would be very much appreciated!

DrP

DrP

Or swayndo – how much would it work out for say, 4 seatposts and postage?

If you want to combine shipping, I’d be up for that too….

$120 for seats, ?60-70 on postage (which is a lot I admit!)

Would still work out at about £30 per post….?

Ben_Haworth

Adjustable seat posts reviewed in the new issue of Singletrack Mag 🙂

grumm
    Free Member

I would probably be up for sharing postage on the sette thing too.

Elbows

You can get them here: http://www.gocycle.de/
    I’ve bought stuff of him before without any problems. If you can read the page. Alternatively give him a call, he speaks pretty good English.

grumm
    Free Member

Thats the same place I linked to above – how much was postage to the uk? Emailed to ask put no response so far – looks like it would only be 5 euros but that seems very cheap.

Viewing 40 posts - 1 through 40 (of 65 total)

The topic ‘KS i900 Adjustable Seatpost, Where From ?’ is closed to new replies.