Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)
  • KS i850 seatpost
  • atlaz
    Free Member

I got one of these about a year back but haven't really used it since for a variety of reasons (mostly I've been mincing around trails that don't need a dropper). I got it out today when I was doing some fettling and I find the handle fouls against the seat so it's hard to make it drop consistently.

Anyone else had this problem and if so, how'd you fix it?

hora
    Free Member

Move your saddle fwd or angle more. However bin it. After a while you'll see why.

A mate bought one contrary to my advice. 2 weeks later he binned it.

timraven

I found that the remote lever on mine fouls the Charge spoon, however I reduced the lever by 5mm, with an accurate hacksaw, and it's fine.

No doubt the warranty is invalid now but at least it works 😆 and I love it. As a wise man at AQR said 'you don't have to drop your saddle, it's just more fun!'

Dropper posts are a great idea – I love mine (KS i950). It just happens that the KS i850 is quite possibly the biggest pile of crap ever manufactured.

racing_ralph
    Free Member

Joplin FTW

atlaz
    Free Member

Only spent 30 quid on it so figured it was worth a try. I'll saw the front of the lever off and see how crap it is.

Or maybe it can go on Ebay now…

racing_ralph – Member
    Joplin FTW

Nope.

They all fail and slop don't they?

rickmeister

You learn to love the slop.. it hasnt got any worse over a year of sloppy use.

hora
    Free Member

It just happens that the KS i850 is quite possibly the biggest pile of crap ever manufactured.

+1,000,0001.

Bouncing up and down with your hand seemingly on your crotch like a deranged cowboy before every descent isn't fun.

atlaz
    Free Member

First couple of times I tried it when I got it, seemed easy. Last time not so much.

Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)

The topic ‘KS i850 seatpost’ is closed to new replies.