Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • KS eTen dropper post – anyone have real world expeience
  • 27orangeninjas
    Free Member

Hi Guys

I’m in the market for a dropper post for my new bike and have seen a KS eTen Remote Adjustable 100/385mm Seatpost with Remote dropper for £125 and am wondering if it is any good.

Does anyone have experience of these?

Cheers

kimbers

my dropzone works very well but it has the same type of actuator arm under the saddle for the remote and this fills with crap and jams easily

if you make a little hood for it with some old innertube it makes it a lot more mud friendly

prawny

Ooh me me me!!

I’ve had one about a year, it’s decent. I had to change the cable over the winter, and it’s playing up again now, I only used a cheapo replacement though, so I’ll probably try a better one next time.

It’s a lot better than the TMARS I tried for a few weeks before, but it didn’t seem as good as my mates reverb I played with at the weekend, but other than the cable I’ve had no bother with it whatsoever.

27orangeninjas
    Free Member

Cheers guys i’ll have to run it past the boss 🙂

almightydutch
    Free Member

I built up two bikes with them in and both are suffering from what I would call ‘lever stiction’

The lever arm on these seem to be made of cheese and has worn down somewhat. The interface between the lever and ball bearing at the top isn’t great meaning after a while its harder to press the lever than it should. It appears to be wearing faster than my 6 year old KS i950 (which is still perfect with no maintenance apart from a cable change two years ago)

Also the remote lever itself doesn’t seem to have enough cable pull. I found to get the seat working up and down nice and fast, then you need very precise cable tension..something you don’t need on others.
    Leaving the cable slightly too slack results in a very slow to operate seatpost. Too tight and it doesn’t lock (or can creep down slowly)

For the money, its a great bit of kit though.

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)

The topic ‘KS eTen dropper post – anyone have real world expeience’ is closed to new replies.