Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • KS E-Ten Dropper…
  • 154hopperavenue
    Free Member

Anyone got one? Good, bad?

Any info greatly appreciated. Ta

russyh
    Free Member

I have one, the post functions perfectly but the romote system is useless. First sign of muck and the actuator sticks open. I am going to change to a reverb again

monkeyboyjc

I had one ages ago (2012/2013? When they were avaliable in Europe but not here)- it was my first experience with droppers (on my 4th now), and I have to say it almost put me off.

As russyh said the lever is rubbish and has terrible sealing so the cable needs a good squirter of gt85 or similar after every ride. The thing I couldn’t stand though was that when the saddle is down you can pull it back up by hand resulting in the post needing to be cycled through its travel 3 or 4 times again to get it to work properly again. It also developed play quickly.
    I’ve since had an xfusion hilo which was much better, Thomson which is faultless and a reverb stealth (again no issues). My experience basic was bad in comparison with these. It’s also comparitively heavy.
    You can pick up a brand new reverb for £50 (or so) more than the Eten. My advice would be to spend the extra cash as you may end up swapping it out for a better post any way (like I did) down the line.
    Oh also, at the time I had one I stored my bike vertically on bike hooks against the wall of the garage. This resulted in the oil running to the head of the post so at the start of every ride I had to cycle it through its action repeatedly until it functioned correctly. This is possibly why I had reliability issues and after 6 months got rid of it.

Fresh Goods Friday 696: The Middling Edition

Fresh Goods Friday 696: The Middlin...
    Latest Singletrack Videos
    wittonweavers
    Free Member

I had a reverb stealth on the last bike i had and unfortunately had it stolen.

My new bike came with the KS E-Ten dropper and from the first moment i didnt like it. That might have been because i was comparing it against the reverb and frankly it just didnt compare.

Anyway by ride 3 it stopped working and i took it back to Evans. It needed replacing and i was given the option to pay £60 to upgrade to a reverb which i took.

So, sorry but no positive vibes from me!

prawny

For balance, I have one and it works perfectly. The winter killed the first cable but I replaced it with the cheapest crappiest cable I could get and its worked perfectly all summer.

I would like a bit bit more travel though so if you can run to a lev/reverb/Thompson I think that’s probably the way to go.

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)

The topic ‘KS E-Ten Dropper…’ is closed to new replies.