Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Ks Dropper Problems
  • tpbiker
    Free Member

I’ve got 2 of these posts one. Bought the first one about 18 months ago from a UK shop, worked ok for 6 months or so (but required constant lubing and attention) so then bought another, this time from the US for the other bike.

The first one I bought has gradually got worse and worse, sticks on return and can’t use all its travel, whilst the newer post has been flawless, I’ve never even had to take it apart, in 1 year of constant riding.

Did KS change the internals at some point to improve reliabilty? Finally going to send the older one back as its still within warrenty. Can I reasonably expect them to replace the inners with newer parts, or is the best I’m going to get is a quick strip down and lube and a post that breaks down again within a couple of months?

Northwind

Which model is it? The i900 has had at least one complete internal revision. This is a bit of “internet fact” but it’s widely commented that the older version’s still sold in other territories and that the revised ones are more or less a UK-proof version.

Have you had the older one open? There’s a few obvious differences, the bottom plate of the V1 has holes right the way through it while the revised one has a sealed plate with dimples rather than holes.

(mine is a hodgepodge of parts, it was a V1 and failed almost instantly, but most of the internals were replaced on warranty)

tpbiker
    Free Member

its the i900.

It has dimples rather than holes so maybe not a v1, but its definitely different than the one I bought in the US. The shaft is a grey colour, whilst the newer, better US one has a gold coloured shaft.

I’ve had it apart about 10 times, its hopeless. Doesn’t fill me with confidence that it’ll be going back to superstar either! (although bought through winstanleys IIrc)

Northwind

Has to be said, I’m no Superstar fan and they did dick me around when mine needed fixed, but when it finally got done the work was bang on. ChrisL of this parish has had his back to them too and likewise did well, bit of ropey comms IIRC but the work’s good.

Left me with a wee feeling that they might be more dependable when distributing other people’s products than they are with their own.

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)

The topic ‘Ks Dropper Problems’ is closed to new replies.