Viewing 12 posts - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)
  • KS CRUXi Dropper – Anyone else got one?
  • 1timmy1
    Free Member

I bought a second hand Whyte 905 that came with the KS CRUXi dropper. It seems to work fine apart from when I sit on the saddle it moves down by about 5mm. I can’t find the manual on the KS website. Could it be low pressure? If so, where can I find out how much pressure there should be?

1timmy1
    Free Member

I have found the manual on the KS website. It is under the Support page (not the product page where it says ‘Coming Soon’). So I can check the pressure and see if that fixes the problem.

pembo6
    Free Member

Ive not had a cruxi, but from my experience, it’s not uncommon for many droppers to develop a 5mm drop after several months of use. I’m sure someone else can explain why.
    My kronolog and KS eten has done this. Slightly annoying but at least it’s consistent. Unfortunately my post is already at maximum extension, so I can’t raise it further to make up for the 5mm.

nairnster
    Free Member

Funnily enough was looking at these yesterday as an option

Manual

http://kssuspension.com/support/tech-info/

1timmy1
    Free Member

I finally got round to looking at the dropper, I took off the saddle and there was no where to put my shock pump. Another look at the manual and it turns out the CRUXi isn’t one of the droppers you can adjust the air pressure. So I guess I’ll have to live with it and hope it doesn’t get worse.

sillyoldman

That’s covered by warranty for original owners, but is an inexpensive fix if not a warranty. New cartridges aren’t expensive.

1timmy1
    Free Member

I’ll have a look into that, cheers.

nairnster
    Free Member

Hi Timmy

I wondered if the play in the Crux had got any worse.

Could you also do me a favour and measure from the bottom of the collar on the seatpost itself, to the saddle rails when the post is fully extended, so i can see if one would fit my frame.

Thanks

1timmy1
    Free Member

Hi Timmy

I wondered if the play in the Crux had got any worse.

Could you also do me a favour and measure from the bottom of the collar on the seatpost itself, to the saddle rails when the post is fully extended, so i can see if one would fit my frame.

Thanks

No the play hasn’t got any worse. I emailed the guys who do the warranty repairs in the UK for KS and they didn’t think it would get any worse. I have just put the post up by 5mm to compensate so I end up in my optimal riding position (like pembo6 suggested). Iv’e just measured the distance from the middle of the rails to the bottom of the collar and it was approximately 16.8cm, so maybe call it 17cm.

I have actually ordered a 150mm dropper so will be selling my Cruxi when the new one arrives in a hopefully a week or so (and as long as my research was correct about the distance from the rails to the collar on the new dropper). Let me know if your interested.

nairnster
    Free Member

Yeah I could be interested.

1timmy1
    Free Member

Yeah I could be interested.

I’ll let you know in this thread when the new dropper arrives.

1timmy1
    Free Member

I have finally received the new dropper and had time to install it. So I can now sell the KS Cruxi. nairnster let me know if you are interested: timward12 [at] hotmail [dot] [com].

I have used it for at most 15 summer rides and the guy I bought the bike from only rode for 30 miles of canal towpaths on the bike, so apart from the 5mm issue it has had an easy life. There are some marks from when it was inserted in the frame and I would recommend some new outer cable.

Viewing 12 posts - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)

The topic ‘KS CRUXi Dropper – Anyone else got one?’ is closed to new replies.