Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • Kryptonite lock – key broke in lock – replacement warranty
  • MadBillMcMad

Anyone know if this works in the UK.

https://kryptonite.zendesk.com/hc/en-us/articles/231010987-Key-Broke-in-the-Lock?mobile_site=true

Day 2 of my lad at Uni & he has just managed to break the key in his bike lock.

vincienup
    Free Member

A couple of comments down in the link you posted someone called Stuart is asking whether this applies to the UK and was given an email address to contact. That was five years ago though.

Bad luck. Probably going to need to cut or break the lock of there’s no way to get the end of the key out.

Mister-P
    Free Member

This kind of thing used to be dealt with by the UK distributor, but all claims of this nature are now dealt with by Kryptonite themselves. An email address from 5 years ago probably isn’t going to be too helpful. I’d fill the on-line form in and see what Kryptonite say.

vincienup
    Free Member

I was meaning more that the historic evidence suggested that it would be supported than that this was the way, but I wasn’t clear, you’re quite right.

As MrP says…

Aidy
    Free Member

Kryptonite customer service were great for me when I contacted them sometime last year.

I had a lock where the lock barrel seized up, on fairly minimal evidence of ownership, they had a replacement out to me pretty quickly.

Mine wasn’t attached to anything, but they were also very happy to reimburse for any costs associated with cutting / releasing the lock, too.

[Edit] I think I just raised a ticket through their zendesk help system [/Edit]

MadBillMcMad

cheers all

Good news Aidy

I actually got this lock several years back for free when they had the old bic biro issues.

So will be a good result if I get this replaced for free as well.

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)

The topic ‘Kryptonite lock – key broke in lock – replacement warranty’ is closed to new replies.