Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Kross bikes
  • richb
    Free Member

anyone ridden this brand of bike? they appear to be a polish make selling a lot of bikes in eastern europe

my dad is buying an entry level hard tail (to ride around the peak district and do a few blue trails/bits of single track) and wants to support his LBS. the shop is a tiny one man operation – the chap stocks Kross.

me pap is considering getting one around the £600 mark; components aren’t amazing for the money but seem fairly similar to other offerings at this price

thing is i can’t find any reviews and obviously a bike is more than just a parts list, wondered if anyone has any experience of how they ride or what sort of quality the frame is?

drovercycles
    Free Member

We recently came across this brand as we helped out a couple who have been supported by them, in preparation for an Alaska-Tierra del Fuego ride.

They had a couple of their steel hardtails (Reynolds 853) and they looked good – nicely made frames, and decent quality components. Can’t comment on value for money as I don’t know what the retail price would have been but one thing I can say is that they didn’t have any of the usual corner-cutting techniques you see – hubs, BB, all components were in line with the spec, tyres were top-of-the-range Schwalbe Evo jobs which you don’t often see on complete bikes below the top end, etc.

I had a quick look at their website at the time and must say I was impressed. I don’t think your dad would be losing out against any of the more well-known brands by going with his LBS on this. If they’re like any independent show I know they’ll have done their homework and picked that brand for good reason. There are way many more bike brands available than shops can possibly stock, so no-one stocks brands because they don’t have an alternative these days.

H1ghland3r
    Free Member

Not sure if it makes any difference for buying one but there seems to be a fair number of World Cup XC riders on Kross bikes..

richb
    Free Member

cheers for the input! very helpful!

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)

The topic ‘Kross bikes’ is closed to new replies.